DIR- Generic 1st Stage Hitting Back of Head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That doesn’t really answer my question. How do I balance it’s out perfectly? I dive 6kg on belt and 2kg on plate. I think it’s evenly balanced?

it's more about learning your body position than where you put the lead. I generally find cheating the lead towards the back helps vs. the front. If you have that much lead on the front side of your body it's going to be very hard to be able to lean backwards. It's unfortunately something very personal as well based on your size. I'm 6'4" so I have a lot more of a moment arm than someone say 5'2" which allows my weighting to be a lot more forgiving because I can balance the see-saw a lot easier.

it's more about learning your body position than where you put the lead. I generally find cheating the lead towards the back helps vs. the front. If you have that much lead on the front side of your body it's going to be very hard to be able to lean backwards. It's unfortunately something very personal as well based on your size. I'm 6'4" so I have a lot more of a moment arm than someone say 5'2" which allows my weighting to be a lot more forgiving because I can balance the see-saw a lot easier.
I’m 5’10 and 165 pounds. I wear the 6kg on my back on weight belt. When snorkelling I can do it without scuba gear. Yes it is very personal.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom