1st PPD-DM (Dive Marathon)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
however the largest fish i saw last weekend at DnT reef was a meter long Maya-maya with two other maya-maya half meter in size with the larger one on the northside of the rock. at 125ft. but this was at Batcave not Basilica.

what we chanced on Basilica (below) was a good number of juvenile yellow tail barracuda at 80ft.

was at the lower base of batcave and saw a school of flat silvery fish, saw the same variety at the base of basilica at arnd 120'

Spoon:
if a diver doesnt think he can handle it all he has to do is throw in the towel. this is not a competition, its a personal thing for me and wanted to share my experience with others:)

like the man said, he planned it and he kept to his dive plan. Well done :14:

And it is his own preference within recreational limits. lucky for him Chip104 has similar preference, though some technicalities hehehehehe

Spoon did not do this on an instance that day, he planned it the week before and made his final plan before the dive and he kept to it.

So they knew exactly what they were doing.

Dive safe everyone and within your training. If you want to do some special diving do complete the training so you can be aware of the risks you are to face and then plan for it.

could not join them that day as i was attending to some divers having a different profile ....

Spoon:
was at the lower base of batcave and saw a school of flat silvery fish, saw the same variety at the base of basilica at arnd 120'
I saw the same thing spoon (I'm pretty sure you pointed it out to me), I just totally forgot to ask you when we surfaced (too busy preparing for the next dive! :)) - they looked like a school of barracudas, were they?

@ Pao: the fish were small but sleek and thin. School was moving slow and arched a little. They weren't grazing the reef, just static around a single ledge above us.

I'm not one for technicalities...let's all go diving! What do you say Ish? :)

And it is his own preference within recreational limits. lucky for him Chip104 has similar preference, though some technicalities hehehehehe

hehe i think that itsie bitsie technicallity will be sorted out next week

Spoon did not do this on an instance that day, he planned it the week before and made his final plan before the dive and he kept to it.

in fact been planning the 10 dive thing and even consulted doc luna. siling niya buuang kamo gid pero kinanlan dugay ang S.I Dive 1-3.

BTW pao, think we reached as far as the portulano reef but could not verify for sure:)

chip104:
I saw the same thing spoon (I'm pretty sure you pointed it out to me), I just totally forgot to ask you when we surfaced (too busy preparing for the next dive! :)) - they looked like a school of barracudas, were they?

@ Pao: the fish were small but sleek and thin. School was moving slow and arched a little. They weren't grazing the reef, just static around a single ledge above us.

yes those were the one, in fact one of the schools followed us to the shallow, sandy part of the reef.

Spoon:
BTW pao, think we reached as far as the portulano reef but could not verify for sure:)

i am pretty much sure you did not.

at it takes an hour from the rock formation with waterfalls (or from beyond british resort- abandoned) to portulano reef at 40 to 35 ft depth. leisurely pace.

Spoon:
yes those were the one, in fact one of the schools followed us to the shallow, sandy part of the reef.

so they were the school of baraccuda then, yes they were silvery, slick and thin and just hanging around. yellow tail barracudas.

paolov:
i am pretty much sure you did not.

at it takes an hour from the rock formation with waterfalls (or from beyond british resort- abandoned) to portulano reef at 40 to 35 ft depth. leisurely pace.

ok then becasue we followed the outline of the cove and went around 200 kick cycles past the right most tip of the resort facing out to sea.

Spoon:
ok then becasue we followed the outline of the cove and went around 200 kick cycles past the right most tip of the resort facing out to sea.

that would be the area after batcave with the rock protrusion to the right

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom