1st PPD-DM (Dive Marathon)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chip104:
We dove the basilica the 2nd dive. Had a school of fish (yet to identify) following us for most of the time we were around this area. Big fish, eh? know how deep you have to go?

Its a story by a very experienced boatman/guide in the area. he was drunk when he told me about it but I believe him because another DM confirms it. Im just too sissy to dive it with him, too deep around 150. Maybe Paolo knows about it.

Would this be on a Sat? I'd like to do it but wouldn't want to drive back that evening.

Matthew:
Its a story by a very experienced boatman/guide in the area. he was drunk when he told me about it but I believe him because another DM confirms it. Im just too sissy to dive it with him, too deep around 150. Maybe Paolo knows about it.

That'd be interesting to see. Around basilica we were at 110ft and I was thinking there must be more to see if we go deeper but spoon was a good guide and reigned me in. Would be interesting to see.

Halthron:
Would this be on a Sat? I'd like to do it but wouldn't want to drive back that evening.

ya, that's a good point. I would hate to drive it as well. If we do do it I'll see if I can borrow my Lola's driver.

Weekend Dec 3/4, 10/11, 18/17 are likely weekends. If we do dec 10, not sure if I can make it. Dec 11 maybe?

I like 3/4 myself. 17/18 is a possibility but at the moment I'm scheduled to not be able to leave the city but I might be able to change that. Plans already on the 10th.

Matthew:
which adjacent cove? to the left (facing the sea)? we sometimes dive there, simply because there are few other options in D&T. did you guys try the basilica? there's talk about lots big fish being seen on the deeper side of it.

just curious, how long were your dives, especially the shallow ones?

yes we did basilica as well. went to the bottom of the rock at around 120' no big fish seen. For a dive to be called a dive the minimum time per dive is 30 mins. most of the later dives we did were in the 30-40 min range

chip104:
The first couple of dives were about 45 mins long but we were lagging behind schedule a bit so had to shift down to 25-30mins for the latter dives. Went as deep as 131ft the first dive and as shallow as 20ft-30ft for the latter dives.

actually the shortest dive we did was 30 mins, think your computer dint register your time shallower than 7 ft

Spoon:
actually the shortest dive we did was 30 mins, think your computer dint register your time shallower than 7 ft
thanks spoon, I knew it felt longer than what it recorded since we did spend sometime in the shallows. Computer worked alright though. How's Dec 3rd looking for you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom