1st Coz Trip Report: Caribe Blu and Blue XT Sea Nov 4-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalOffshore:
Me to, I have been waiting for 2 weeks!

As I understand it (from reading the boards) Christi has been having some ISP problems... give her time, she'll get back to you.

Make sure your last email didn't bounce back, she may have never gotten it.

I plan on booking something next week for February or March the latest. I am mixed over booking Caribe Blue, Hotel Cozumel or the Playa Azul. Anyone have any thoughts?

SoCalOffshore:
I plan on booking something next week for February or March the latest. I am mixed over booking Caribe Blue, Hotel Cozumel or the Playa Azul. Anyone have any thoughts?

I've only stayed at Caribe Blu out of the 3 listed...

Caribe Blu is a nice, quaint and small hotel that many people swear by. The price is right for what you get ($70ish). Clean, spacious rooms with great A/C. It has a nice (but not great) shore dive, no beach to speak of. $4-$5 cab ride to town. Can walk as well but it's a hike.

Hotel Cozumel - Across the street from the water, reasonably close to town. Never stayed there so I won't comment.

Playa Azul - North of town, has a nice beach that is at least good for snorkeling (never dove off of there). Drawback - It's North of town! Most dive ops won't pick you up there, you'll have to cab it to the marina or another pier. Plus - The Lobster House Is Across The Street!!!

SoCalOffshore:
Me to, I have been waiting for 2 weeks!

I don't have an e-mail from you.

Every e-mail in my inbox has been answered.

Please resend.

Moodiejeff:
As I understand it (from reading the boards) Christi has been having some ISP problems... give her time, she'll get back to you.

Make sure your last email didn't bounce back, she may have never gotten it.

Thanks Jeff :)

New hard drive, new ISP. I only seem to have trouble with comcast and aol mail clients...but not alwats. It's hit or miss. They pick up the mexico ISP as SPAM.

I was out of the office for a week and had a BUNCH of e-mail to sort through when I got back...but as of today, I answered them all.

It also helps to have complete information (dates/how many people, etc.) to help me provide more accurate information.

I also do not answer inquiries through PM's here. Direct e-mail only :)

SoCalOffshore:

Check your e-mail. I sent some general information. If you don't receive it, please let me know.

Hi Christi,

I also sent an email several days ago that went missing/unanswered.
I just re-sent one today.

Len

Len:
Hi Christi,

I also sent an email several days ago that went missing/unanswered.
I just re-sent one today.

Len

received and replied :wink:

Matt:

I had dinner at Especias that evening but I really don't think it was anything I ate there. My wife and I shared everything that we had that night and she did not have any problems. Also, I started feeling bad before I ever finished dinner. We had lunch at Mezcalitos that day but again we shared everything and she was not affected. I would not hesitate to eat at either place again. In fact, Especias was our favorite restaurant during our trip.

As you know, the source of these sorts of things are often difficult to pinpoint whether it occurs in Mexico or at home. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that it could have been swallowing water from the shower at Caribe Blu. The hotel suggests not drinking the water and provides bottled water for guests. At first I tried to be careful about getting water in my mouth in the shower, but it was easy to forget. I did always use bottled water for brushing teeth.

Bottom line, it was just one of those things and makes the trip memorable. It definitely won't keep my from going back, I can't wait to get there.

divematt:
MemphisDiver,

May I ask where you ate dinner on Monday the 8th evening. I too suffered your illness last Cozumel trip for a day and a half.

MemphisDiver

Thanks,
Matt

Back
Top Bottom