1st Coz Trip Report: Caribe Blu and Blue XT Sea Nov 4-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MemphisDiver:
Matt:

I had dinner at Especias that evening but I really don't think it was anything I ate there. My wife and I shared everything that we had that night and she did not have any problems. Also, I started feeling bad before I ever finished dinner. We had lunch at Mezcalitos that day but again we shared everything and she was not affected. I would not hesitate to eat at either place again. In fact, Especias was our favorite restaurant during our trip.

As you know, the source of these sorts of things are often difficult to pinpoint whether it occurs in Mexico or at home. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that it could have been swallowing water from the shower at Caribe Blu. The hotel suggests not drinking the water and provides bottled water for guests. At first I tried to be careful about getting water in my mouth in the shower, but it was easy to forget. I did always use bottled water for brushing teeth.

Bottom line, it was just one of those things and makes the trip memorable. It definitely won't keep my from going back, I can't wait to get there.

MemphisDiver,

The reason that I ask is because I had trouble pinning down where I got my illness too. I had lunch at Conchita Del Caribe and dinner at Ernestos and everything tasted great at both. I had eaten at Ernestos many times before with no problems. I felt OK several hours after lunch so I thought it might have been Ernestos as I got sick the next morning. I did eat lots of salsa and chips at both places and the doctor said not to do that! I spent 18 days in Cozumel this year and love eating out at different places. I'd just hate to go through that again. I was really sick for almost two days. I'll probably do it again and change nothing. I drink bottled water only but eat everything that they put in front of me!

Matt

divematt:
MemphisDiver,

I did eat lots of salsa and chips at both places and the doctor said not to do that!

Did the doctor give a reason for not eating the chips & salsa?

Moodiejeff:
Did the doctor give a reason for not eating the chips & salsa?

He said that the salsa can sometimes sit out for long periods in the heat, and is uncooked, and it did make sense after I thought about it. I eat that stuff till it's gone and then they bring more. I love the stuff, but laid off of it the rest of the week.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom