1980s Apeks UK regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KD8NPB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have a link or pictures to some of Apeks Marine Equipment Ltd's earlier regulators, say, from the 1980s?

I'm curious what the older models were like.

[h=1]Forum: Vintage Equipment Diving[/h]
Pre-1980 "Vintage" SCUBA Gear, including Double Hose Regulators, Conshelfs, Voit, Aquamaster, Horsecollar BC's and other classic pieces of gear. Sea Hunt, Jacques Cousteau and the early history of this great sport.

Did I miss something in school about reading???

Forum: Vintage Equipment Diving

Pre-1980 "Vintage" SCUBA Gear, including Double Hose Regulators, Conshelfs, Voit, Aquamaster, Horsecollar BC's and other classic pieces of gear. Sea Hunt, Jacques Cousteau and the early history of this great sport.

Did I miss something in school about reading???

The vintage section has more "regulator history" buffs.

Should I change the title to "Pre-1980 "Vintage" Apeks UK regs?" to appease you?

Pictured is my thoughts. You = water, me = owl.

Attachments

• owl-getting-sprayed-with-hose-water.jpg
    owl-getting-sprayed-with-hose-water.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 385
OK not really vintage units, but the "Apex" company did start tradeing in 1973. a few fotos and adds of the early regs that they marketed.APEX MANTA 5000 MK2.jpgAPEX MANTA  MK 11.jpgAPEX ad 2.jpgAPEX ad.jpg

That is interesting. Thanks for the pictures.

It would have been interesting if Apek would have kept on developing the side breathing design rather than copying the more conventional barrel designed introduced by Scubapro (in the 109) in 1967.

It is interesting that at that time they copied the flow-through balanced piston design, but later they have gone to a balanced diaphragm.

The add is from 1981. I wonder what the older Apeks looked like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom