1977 dive accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfranks1658

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for information on a dive accident I believe happened in 1977. There were two young men from Hayleville Alabama who went ? cave diving and died. I believe one of the young men was a doctor's son and his name was Scotty Moore. That is really all the information I have. If anyone knows about this long ago accident I would appreciate any information you might have,
Thank you

rfranks1658:
I am looking for information on a dive accident I believe happened in 1977. There were two young men from Hayleville Alabama who went ? cave diving and died. I believe one of the young men was a doctor's son and his name was Scotty Moore. That is really all the information I have. If anyone knows about this long ago accident I would appreciate any information you might have,
Thank you

Hi there,

Where did they die in the cave? Was this in FL or AL? You might try going to a library or calling a public library in the area as they often have old newspapers going back to then. I found info in other states from 1989 and 1995 this way. Now there might be a resource on the web you could try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom