18650 batteries: what's your go to

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the links and suggestions everyone.
I think I've decided on @tbone1004 suggestion of the Opus BT-C3100 and some Protected Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A 18650 Button Top Battery from liionwholesale.com

Thanks for the links and suggestions everyone.
I think I've decided on @tbone1004 suggestion of the Opus BT-C3100 and some Protected Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A 18650 Button Top Battery from liionwholesale.com
If you remember this thread when you get your stuff, I'm curious to see what mAh you actually get from the batteries. Please share the gory details!

Absolutely. I should get everything by Tuesday, so hopefully by Tues night I'll have that info for you

If your still looking

Sony
Panasonics
lg browns
Samsung 25R

Or go to a vape shope and ask to see what 18650's they have and these come with protection circits on them already and you wont get ripped off since they buy batterys from the makers or the distributers for the makers themself.

Well, the results are in.
Ordered Thursday, they shipped Thursday and arrived on Saturday.
I ordered 2 of the NCR18650GA, one of them wouldn't charge. It would sit and trickle but never go "full" so i did a discharge and refresh which seemed to fix it.
Nitty Gritty:
Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh
Discharge rate: 700mAh
Total time to discharge from full: 4:47 (hr:mm)
Total discharge: 3307 & 3321 (mAh)
Charge Rate: 700mAh
Total Charge time from empty to full: 5:27 / 5:46 (hr:mm)
Total Recharge: 3269 / 3453 (mAh)

Side notes: I like the charger, I really liked that i could do multiple things to different slots, IE Charge 2 other 18650's while discharging others.
Its also nice to see how other batteries I have compare to their original specs. Also sorry about the random quality of the pics, the phone was having issues focusing, and I didn't feel like taking the time to make them look good :)

Attachments

• chrg hrs.jpg
    chrg hrs.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 96
  • chrg mah.jpg
    chrg mah.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 102
  • dis hrs.jpg
    dis hrs.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 99
  • dis mah.jpg
    dis mah.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 95
@unwantedsn the 3300mah makes sense since the protection circuits will kick in to prevent damaging discharge levels. If you run them through a few more cycles and/or just use them you'll probably see that go up a little bit and ultimately stabilize.

Thanks for the info @tbone1004
The world of batteries is some much bigger than I imagined. Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

@unwantedsn Just be careful with them as when they get damaged they will vent and runaway fast and explode violently and kep them dry aswell since asoon as positive and negitive can make a contact they become dangerous.

Most batteries from vape shops DO NOT have protection built-in. The protection is either built into the device, or there is no protection at all.

If you purchase batteries from a vape supplier or an online battery reseller, understand whether you are getting a protected cell or not.

Most batteries from vape shops DO NOT have protection built-in. The protection is either built into the device, or there is no protection at all.

If you purchase batteries from a vape supplier or an online battery reseller, understand whether you are getting a protected cell or not.

Yea they do the ones i have do have the protection in them and they are beside me right now the ones that explode are normaly damaged in some way or inserted wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom