$170 1400 lumen 120 degree spill video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it comes with a charger. The manufacturer has changed the name to W32VR but seems the dealers not.

-sendt from mobile unit

tHAnks Avigulf! Every website I looked at doesn't mention the charger as part of "what's in the box" even on Archon's website it's not mentioned. It seems the new W series sells for much more also. I've read somewhere that the mount for this doesn't attach to the srp tray arms. what other options are there for attaching a torch?

tHAnks Avigulf! Every website I looked at doesn't mention the charger as part of "what's in the box" even on Archon's website it's not mentioned. It seems the new W series sells for much more also. I've read somewhere that the mount for this doesn't attach to the srp tray arms. what other options are there for attaching a torch?

The SRP Loc-Line Light Mount is for penlight type lights not heavier equipment, it doesn't sound polite but get some balls. Or another option is the Intova arm but in either event you are going to have to attach the light and I suggest a thin strip of aluminium bent around the light with a bike innertube over the metal and bolted either to the Intova arm or a ball connection. I have ordered two of the lights and will let you know what I come up with in about 2 weeks. See attached photos. The big thing is a strobe. The thing with the brass screw is something I had to make to attach the Intova arm to the SRP Tray

Attachments

• DSCN1369.jpg
    DSCN1369.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN1357.jpg
    DSCN1357.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN1377.jpg
    DSCN1377.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 218
Maybe DIY: 1/8x1" Aluminium strip (Lowes) piece of PVC a little larger diameter than light to use a form, bend strip around form with pliers , leave legs to accomodate ball attachment slug end, drill hole for 5/8 SS screw, paint flat black, apply bicycle inner tube (I used thorn puncture resistant) insert ball with slug 5/8th hole and attach ball to tray with ball clamp. This one was for my MagicShine light

Now there's an idea that I will most definitely use. Thanks!

The SRP Loc-Line Light Mount is for penlight type lights not heavier equipment, it doesn't sound polite but get some balls. Or another option is the Intova arm but in either event you are going to have to attach the light and I suggest a thin strip of aluminium bent around the light with a bike innertube over the metal and bolted either to the Intova arm or a ball connection. I have ordered two of the lights and will let you know what I come up with in about 2 weeks. See attached photos. The big thing is a strobe. The thing with the brass screw is something I had to make to attach the Intova arm to the SRP Tray

Thanks Dauntless! I'm just starting out and so far I'm getting confused with the variety of attachments. I thought the flex arm (locline?) sizes were standard - I don't even know which key word to use when searching google. :confused:

so on the first pic, what do you call that attachment that connects to two balls? (damn, i can't even type with a straight face)

I'm all about DIY but unfortunately I'm in Iraq and I'm planning to go straight to the tropics for my R&R. My only choice is to order everything online.

Look at page 4. I have postet a pic there on how to mount.

To add to my post..

-ys to 1" ball adapter.
-stainless pipe clamp with loose rubber on it. (My clamp is sized 33mm - 40mm)

Better pics.
:)

Sendt fra Samsung Galaxy S2, via Tapatalk forum app.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367622202399.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367622202399.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 241
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367622217851.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367622217851.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 233
As u see on pic one. I used abit plastic between clamp and adapter to take care of any wear.

Sendt fra Samsung Galaxy S2, via Tapatalk forum app.

Mount 'em Up

Received two lights, haven't got the batteries yet but have made mount/holder. Lights $152 each + Shipping came out ~$357.44 with shipping for two from Aliexpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China. Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is 1PC Diving Flashlight ARCHON D32VR CREE XM-L U2 + XP-E N3 LED Most Powerful 32650 Battery Underwater Diving Led Torch I only gave them 3 stars because of multiple emails about verifying my address, not a deal breaker but irritation. All-in-all worked well. Couple of things to watch out for, batteries are not included but you can get them on eBay and other sites and DHL wants a signature when delivered so someone has to be available for signing.

Let you know how it works when I get batteries but box and presentation is very nice.

Now for the mount:

xDSCN1427.jpg

1/16" x 1"aluminium strip........Lowes
Cut piece 8" long
Use "D" flashlight battery or object of similar size and bend strip around form leaving legs of equal size with a gap for YS connector ball (Make a mark on the battery and roll across strip marking a full rotation on strip to approximate where to bend for legs-somehow worked out just right when the innertube was added; you can clamp the legs in a vcice and saw the excess off to even up))
3/8" SS cap screw or other SS 3/8" bolt (3/8" for YS connector hole) and 3/8" SS wing nut or loc nut
Innertube for thin road bike tire, your local bike shop will probably give you one that is punctured for free, it's a little less than 1" wide when flattened
Use enough bike innertube to protect light and help grip, slide it on 8" long formed piece of 1/16 x 1" aluminium strip
B&H has YS balls Bigblue Sea & Sea Medium Arm Adapter DA008 B&H Photo Video Alternatively you could attach to Intova flex arm directly Intova Flex Arm 18cm
No reason why you couldn't figure out how to attach to Loc-Line either, maybe make legs longer and put a 90° turn in the legs and screw into Loc-Line adapter.

I will spray everything flat black but left as is for better viewing of construction ☺

Will post video in a few months, getting packed up for extended trip to far Pacific.

Attachments

• xDSCN1426.gif
    xDSCN1426.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 621
Last edited:
I emailed Archon about the flickering on low when videoed and was told that all D32VR/W38VR lights from May 25th on have a new driver to fix the problem.

Fantastic... I definitely won't send mine back for 60$ return shipping cost, even if they offer a free upgrade.

Anyway, the light doesn't seem to be strong enough underwater, I am waiting for a boosted + red enhanced version - something like this, red leds THAT CAN BE TURNED ON WHILE THE WHITES ARE WORKING (+some more red leds would be useful, maybe with different wavelength maxima).

I emailed Archon about the flickering on low when videoed and was told that all D32VR/W38VR lights from May 25th on have a new driver to fix the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom