17-20 lb of weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mybrainhurtz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am 17-20 lbs short on weight and am looking for some that has perhaps been sitting in the back of your gear closet for a few years. I do not use a weight-integrated bc, so the weight will have to slide onto a standard weight belt.

I don't care what they look like, so I will entertain all offers.

Thanks!
-Chad

Actually, my wife and I are doing some quarry diving around Pittsburgh this weekend, so that's a no go. There's no hurry though. I plan on renting what I need for this weekend. What would you charge for the weight?

If you don't find what you need, I am planning to travel to Dutch once more this season and have some bigger lead that have not seen any use since OW check outs. I think 2x6lbs and one glob of 7 or 8lbs. I would be happy to get 1$/lb for dragging them around. My visit might be quite a lot later in fall though.

Hi,
I can get you 2#, 3# or 5# SEA PEARLS lead weights for $1.80 a lb. plus the USPS box ($10.00 I think) .
I have about 50#'s sitting on the floor

Thanks, Jim

Hi Chad - one thought -- wonder why we all have extra weights lying around? Cuz most of us were overweighted in the beginning. I see you are a newbie . . . before you invest in alot of weight, work with a buddy who can help make sure you are properly weighted.

Thanks for the comment Betty... good point. I actually just did what you described. While I was out in Seattle visiting my friend who dives nearly every day for work, we determined my ideal weight needed.

Out there I needed 29# for an aluminum tank, 7mil suit/hood/gloves/boots and in salt water. I figure that is about as buoyant of a situation as I can get myself in, so I can adjust my weighting down as I change my equipment & location. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom