Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Were you on mobile/tablet? IME that slider has never worked on mobile/tablet, but works (and I hardly ever trigger it) on a desktop browser.

(FYI, in re. “mainstream”, Ali is the second largest etailer in the world.)

Indeed I was on mobile - good call! Work firewall has been cranked down even more than usual due to "credible election-related threats to disrupt healthcare institutions".

Appreciate the +1 vouch for AliExpress. Other than my lizard brain being slow to catch up, I can't explain why I trust Bezos with my cc # but I flinch at AliExpress. Maybe it just has a "foreign" feel to my american-ized sensibilities. There's also all the articles I read about all the scams coming out of middle-eastern & african countries. And the 5-8 calls I get on my phone every day from those same countries try to scam me out of my cc#. Am I becoming an old coot?

Appreciate the +1 vouch for AliExpress. Other than my lizard brain being slow to catch up, I can't explain why I trust Bezos with my cc # but I flinch at AliExpress.

Nah, I get it. I actually put my limited AliExpress spend on a card I barely use for anything else, to minimize risk and to raise visibility. As long as you're using a card that classes as credit and not debit, your risk is pretty limited. IMO.

That said, while I have been disappointed by a couple of AliExpress merchants or their products -- the escrow/dispute process has always worked out quickly and in my favor.

That's kind of what I was looking at doing. Thanks!

I carry a DSMB in my jacket pocket. Gets used maybe once every 10 outings. Stays in the pocket and gets dunked in fresh water with the jacket. If I’m diving again within 3 days then no fresh water, my kit stays wet in its box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom