14 Day Quarantine on return to USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From CDC Website:

With specific exceptions, foreign nationals who have been in any of the following countries during the past 14 days may not enter the United States. For a full list of exceptions, please refer to the relevant proclamations in the links below.

As further provided in each proclamation, citizens and lawful permanent residents of the United States, certain family members, and other individuals who meet specified exceptionsexternal icon, who have been in one of the countries listed above in the past 14 days will be allowed to enter the United States through one of 15 airportsexternal icon. After arriving to the United States from one of these countries, CDC recommends that travelers stay home and monitor their health for 14 days. More information about what to do after arriving to the United States is available on CDC’s Returning from International Travel webpage.

every American i spoke to who was on a trip to Cozumel seemed to be oblivious that they are required to Quarantine for 14 days in their homes when they returned to the US. Is it not common knowledge?

i wish i could say this surprises me, but it doesn't.

It is a CDC recommendation, not requirement, to self-quarantine. Some state and local governments may have additional requirements.

and this is the reason why it should be "required". many people will choose to ignore the "recommendation".

up here it is required to isolate for the 14 days when returning from outside the country. i believe they just recently lifted the requirement for isolation from inter-provincial travel.

and this is the reason why it should be "required". many people will choose to ignore the "recommendation".
Ha. there are a LOT of things that should have been required, nation-wide, here. Perhaps after Nov 3, when the second wave hits....

Ha. there are a LOT of things that should have been required, nation-wide, here. Perhaps after Nov 3, when the second wave hits....

you're talking about the second wave of the virus, right?

it seems like the quarantine is just a recommendation, not a requirement. If we are using proper PPE and social distancing, i would think that would take the place of self-quarantining. but then, I also thought the rhythm method of birth control was safe and I have four kids so you probably shouldn't listen to me.

you're talking about the second wave of the virus, right?

it seems like the quarantine is just a recommendation, not a requirement. If we are using proper PPE and social distancing, i would think that would take the place of self-quarantining. but then, I also thought the rhythm method of birth control was safe and I have four kids so you probably shouldn't listen to me.
It is a spectrum of utility: self-quarantining is best, then distancing, then masks. They are not all of equal value....kind of like birth control!

Who really cares. It's now just the hunger games. If you're scared, stay home. If you don't care, hit the bars. Good luck tributes!

Ah yes, it's the Swedish solution.
It's been working okay for us so far, except for all the people who died.
But hey, at least those of us who are introverts and don't really mix with people got to dive a lot.

My workplace won't allow you to work for 14 days after international travel. We suggest you self isolate but of course, we can't enforce that.

Not specific to travel but it seems some of the companies in this area are happy with a negative covid test after a known exposure.

So every American i spoke to who was on a trip to Cozumel seemed to be oblivious that they are required to Quarantine for 14 days in their homes when they returned to the US.

just wanted to get opinions on this. Is it not common knowledge?

Yup. Kinda problematic for me because we want to dive in Mexico in August and I am under a work directive (14 days). I keep hoping the situation will improve in August but it is not looking very likely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom