130's or 104's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c555

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone, I have been reading on what people use for larger doubles and some people like lp 104 the most because you can overfill them and it is easier to get a mixed gas fill. What i don't get is if you pump up the pressure to 3500, you have the same mixing issues as with a hp tank. Why don't you just but the hp tank so you can get a legal fill and the pressure problems are always going to be the same? Thanks

Some folks also buy the HP130's and underfill them ... effectively making them LP 104's. I'd think going with the 130 to be a smart move, as you will not have questions from shops about overfilling them. Just my .02 cents :wink:

btw - IIR a lot of this had to do with PST finally getting DOT approval for their tanks at 3440 psi without a + rating. Now it seems others are doing the same. I'm sure someone will correct the info shortly if I missunderstood this though.

Aloha, Tim

Those issues really don't exist. Get the 130s.

You have answered your question already. That's reason why PST produced 130CF and discontinued LP 104.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom