12 Days to Bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was fun diving with you all (well the ones I dove with anyway). I did 23 dives last week and thought they were great. I was definitely tired out by the end of the week though and felt ready to come home. I had a great time though and am already thinking about when I can get back in the water again.

That's right Jim, :p to you too! :mooner:
Well, Joyster... This little guy has been on the house reef the entire time we have been here. He just keeps popping up for more pictures to be taken :D

redseahorse_1007052.jpg

Well, Joyster... This little guy has been on the house reef the entire time we have been here. He just keeps popping up for more pictures to be taken :D

redseahorse_1007052.jpg

I saw him on thursday night there as well. He was on the metal rod sticking out of the anchor for the north bouy of the swim area. It looked fake, and was not in a likely location....

I saw a bunch of sea horses. I agree, they generally don't look real, I think mostly because they generally don't move.

I only saw that one seahorse at the Plaza. Had a general description of his where-abouts from another diver who had seen him several times, but it had moved, and it hadn't been found again. On that night's dive I found him back on the metal rod on the block he had been seen on earlier in the week. Really easy to see and photograph when he's hanging on that block, if you know which of the twenty or so blocks to search near, but dam hard to find when he doesn't want to be found!

We saw the Continental plane at the airport yesterday at almost 1pm and wondered what happened to it. Wow, how can they fix a tear in the fuselage here?? Wonder if they'll just fly it low and empty back to the US to fix?? Glad you were able to get out....though another week here waiting for the Saturday flight wouldn't have been so horrible either. :wink:

anybody get a pictures of the hole in the plane? I would be interested to see how big it was - at least it made for a good story at work.

Great diving and meeting those I did - only 20 logged dives for me, I will have to work on that next time

Great trip all around, nice meeting Jim's folks, lots of great dives for all! Spent the first week with my IAHD-Americas hat on, working with handicapped divers at Divi Flamingo, then the second week with the 44 divers from Indian Valley Scuba at Plaza Resort. Sixty dives logged during my stay, and still sorry to leave!

Read all about the fun and mayhem in our trip report blog!

We're already booking our 2011 trip back to the island!

anybody get a pictures of the hole in the plane? I would be interested to see how big it was - at least it made for a good story at work.

Great diving and meeting those I did - only 20 logged dives for me, I will have to work on that next time

Good question! Would make an interesting vacation pic, for sure!

You dived with Herman, and only logged 20 dives? Tell Herman he is slipping in his old age...oops, er, youth,. As I believe he is younger than I am, it can't be his age!

It was fun diving with you guys! Sure wish I could have gotten a pic of that small crab that was hiding inside the coral on that last site :shakehead:

The continental plane was gone yesterday morning when we drove by the Airport. They must have fixed it enough to at least get back to the US.

We've been trying to book the 3-tank Park dive, but after reading gypsyjim's remarks that it's like the Wildside for "been there, done that", perhaps we won't try so hard anymore. :wink: The shore diving has been fabulous (like diving in an aquarium) but we might have to get on a boat to see frog fish and sea horses....dang, I hate boat diving when we're here. :(

Didn't get any underwater shots with the stickers, but here are some above water shots....

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom