12 days around Tulamben and/or somewhere else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally we settled the LoB. Padi travel turned out to be kind of BSing us. They kept telling us that Yoshi was confirmed departure (with or without us) - but once we requested a booking they kept delaying confirmation. It turns out that they are hopping for it.
Anyway, we gave up waiting and went for Jaya instead. We booked through scuba junkies directly for the trip departing on the 19th of March.
So our plan is for me to stay in Jakarta 5-6 days with family etc (unfortunately I don't have money for more traveling this time). My friend might go somewhere else around Indonesia for trekking/sight seeing (I don't think he would go diving himself). Then both of us move to Sorong on the 18th and join the LoB, before we head home on the 27th.
It will be my third time in Raja Ampat - I love the place hence I am not complaining.
Bali and/or Komodo next time!
Thanks for all the help and info

Finally we settled the LoB. Padi travel turned out to be kind of BSing us. They kept telling us that Yoshi was confirmed departure (with or without us) - but once we requested a booking they kept delaying confirmation. It turns out that they are hopping for it.
That's a good example of why liveaboards should be booked through the owner, I don't see any advantage of going through an intermediary. Only DDK would have known whether they're going or not.

(and now comes the humptieth distributor highlghting all the virtual FUD who'll tell you how safer it is to book through him ...)

Anyway you can't be wrong with R4 :D ...

Only DDK would have known whether they're going or not.

I forgot to mention that my communications with DDK were not much better. First thing I did (after I saw that Padi travel was not much of a help) I asked DDK if they have confirmed departures for Shenron (our initial choice) or Yoshi. Their reply was very slow (several days later) and was a general overview of their LoBs (it seemed that they haven't even read my message). When I insisted they said (after several more days) that Shenron is not confirmed (no word about Yoshi). I asked again about Yoshi and I think I haven't heard back from them since then.

That was the first time I book a LoB myself and I didn't know the procedures, hence I used padi. Now I know ...

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom