12 boys lost in flooded Thai cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well... we(*) determine your location based on your Internet address.(**) So you need a computer whose IP address is in US, to simply relay all your traffic back to the computer you are actually sitting at.(***) There is an entire industry providing this service for money (but you can get "free trial").(****) They get shut down every once in a while on some legal pretext or other, and two new ones pop up in that place. Google for free VPN and enjoy.

*) There Is No Internet Cabal (TINC)
**) Which were never assigned based on geography, so we have to look it up in a database. Such as GeoIP® Databases & Services: Industry Leading IP Intelligence | MaxMind
***) Or fool us into thinking your actual IP is in US. Most of the time option 1 is easier.
****) And/or for infecting your computer with software that will send out spam, steal your bank account numbers, rape your dog and burn your house down.

HTH,HAND

I followed what you were saying until you mentioned Option 1. What's Option 1 please?

Oops, best get this thread back on topic.

I followed what you were saying until you mentioned Option 1. What's Option 1 please?

Oops, best get this thread back on topic.

:D

Option 1: route your trafic through US-based computer(s).
Option 2: make the Internet believe your computer is in US.
Choose wisely.

I tried finding this on Accidents & Incidents, but then realised it was merged here.

For those of you who followed this thread at the time....
I have just read the book by Rick Stanton about this and his other cave diving exploits "Aquanaut", recently published. There are many insights into the issues behind the discussions shared here.

He does explain the inner tube on his back as seen in posts #8 and #123. There are many other lessons learnt well worthy of what we come across in Accidents & Incidents. He also (briefly) touches on the Plura cave incident in 2014.

It is very well written and an easy read. I understand John Volanthen also has a book out.

I tried finding this on Accidents & Incidents, but then realised it was merged here.

For those of you who followed this thread at the time....
I have just read the book by Rick Stanton about this and his other cave diving exploits "Aquanaut", recently published. There are many insights into the issues behind the discussions shared here.

He does explain the inner tube on his back as seen in posts #8 and #123. There are many other lessons learnt well worthy of what we come across in Accidents & Incidents. He also (briefly) touches on the Plura cave incident in 2014.

It is very well written and an easy read. I understand John Volanthen also has a book out.

The book written by John Volanthen is this :
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/...8SC1GPJN&revisionId=1e225eb6&format=1&depth=1

More sad news popped up in the UK, where the captain of team has recently died following his dream of having the opportunity of being coached in the home of football

Those balls-of brass cave divers, from the UK, Oz, and farther abroad, who risked their own lives and even faced potential quality time in a Thai prison (had any of those anesthetized kids drowned on their watch) did buy Duangpetch Promthep five years . . .

Those balls-of brass cave divers, from the UK, Oz, and farther abroad, who risked their own lives and even faced potential quality time in a Thai prison, had any of those anesthetized kids drowned on their watch, did buy Duangpetch Promthep five years . . .

And he saw realization of some personal dreams. There are worse times in life to shrug off the mortal coil. None of this said, is meant to minimize the loss.

[/QUOTE]

Why did he die?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom