12 boys lost in flooded Thai cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This may possibly be taken down soon. Some have asked that it be.
UTD Asia
It certainly should be. Blatant and misleading commercialization of a fundamentally bad design that is NOT being used in this rescue. UTD should be ashamed and apologize.

Which group? I haven’t heard anyone claim credit. I’ll be afraid to claim credit to something that are still ongoing.
At least three, including the US president.

Give credit where credit is due.
I think the people "behind the scenes" are awesome, but they are there, on the scene. I'm talking about those who are not even there.

deplorable....have to believe it gets shut down once they wake up (assuming they are semi local)...and the fact that it’s not even being used.....classic

Best of luck on the next recovery attempt! Hoping to wake up to excellent news, recriminations can wait!!!!

That's bull and you know it. None of those divers could do the job without the hundreds of other people doing logistical support, everything from filling tanks to ferrying sorb or dealing with businesses to acquire gear to the cooks making the meals so the divers don't keel over. The divers are playing a very important role, but to think that only the divers should be given credit for saving those kids is playschool ignorant.
Sorry, those who are actually on the scene are worthy of all of our praise. Those who are in other countries taking credit are not.

It certainly should be. Blatant and misleading commercialization of a fundamentally bad design that is NOT being used in this rescue. UTD should be ashamed and apologize.

I missing something major here??? Why so up in arms about that post? Do they make the only full face mask or something, I'm just uninformed....

They just edited their post, no apology, they just removed the parts where they pushed there equipment and then added they “are not pushing any system”...interesting DC approach, as the 70 mostly brutal comments remain...

Practice makes perfect. It was estimated that it’d take 8-9 hrs to bring out the 1st 4 boys. It took the team 7 hrs. The 2nd time it took them 5.5 hrs. With the moto of under promise & over deliver, let’s hope 3rd time is the charm to bring the rest of the boys & the coach home.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom