12 boys lost in flooded Thai cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Second rescue operation underway:

The Guardian:
Divers went in to extract more boys from the cave on Monday at 11am (5am BST), official reports have confirmed.

“The factors are as good as yesterday ... The rescue team is the same team with a few replacements,” Narongsak Osatanakorn, the head of the joint command centre coordinating the operation said.

He added: “The water level is not worrisome ... Yesterday’s rain did not affect water levels inside the cave.”
Thai cave rescue mission resumes with eight boys and coach still trapped – live

Last edited:
I wish people would stop talking about Elon Musk and his "submarine" as if he single handily saved the kids lives. In my opinion he has no right to be injecting into this rescue operation or diverging the focus from the rescue operation onto himself. His "submarine" is not suitable for the cave. The spotlight should be on the actual rescuers and dive team who are risking there lives going down to get these kids.

I'm torn between rolling my eyes at Musks involvement or agreeing innovation if not now could be used in the future. Necessity is the mother of invention...or taking a shot at self promotion..again.

Here's another link Live: Divers head back into flooded cave to rescue trapped schoolboys

Edited - I was looking at the stories on this page and clicked this link Massages, haircuts and food stalls: this is what it's like at the heart of the Thai cave rescue

While obviously divers are the focus on a diving forum - Here's a shout out to the ordinary people who are making sure everyone has plenty of food, a haircut, a drink, a stress massage - International volunteers and Thais doing what they do so well - Smiling and getting on with the job. Thanks to all the people who have "gumboot envy"

Last edited:
Those error in the boys age, even the monsoon period (I think Todd mentioned from July to September, instead of July to November) are minor unimportant details.

They are minor and unimportant details really, but heck, the boys names and ages are listed online in 100+ different places. If you present yourself as a knowledgeable party yet you get something as simple and international (digits need no translation, therefore no chance for errors in translation) as their ages wrong, many readers are going to have lower expectations for anything else you present as fact.

Last edited:
_102430489__102389398_thai_cave_rescue_640-nc.png

This is how the BBC shows it being done.

They are minor and unimportant details really, but heck, the boys names and ages are listed online in 100+ different places. If you present yourself as a knowledgeable party yet you get something as simple and international (digits need no translation, therefore no chance for errors in translation) as their ages wrong, many readers are going to have lower expectations for anything else you present as fact.

In your attempt to improve the tone of your previously less-than-polite message you've just made your message illogical. BTW, you're whining about something 10 pages ago. Perhaps you missed the recent Mod message.

Thanks @Dan_T for the relevant on-going updates.

Reactions: Dan
I wish people would stop talking about Elon Musk and his "submarine" as if he single handily saved the kids lives. In my opinion he has no right to be injecting into this rescue operation or diverging the focus from the rescue operation onto himself. His "submarine" is not suitable for the cave. The spotlight should be on the actual rescuers and dive team who are risking there lives going down to get these kids.
Pretty sure he sent money and people too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom