11-Year Old Sets World Record Scuba Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBozanic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The following is a link to an article written by Calvin Tang, discussing my son, Evan, and some of his dive activities. One of the areas of discussion was his dive in Antarctica. At the age of 11 years old, he became the youngest person to dive below the Antarctic Circle. Teens are far more capable than many give them credit for! I hope you enjoy it!

The World’s Youngest Antarctic Diver | AtlasOmega

Evan is quite capable ... and lucky to have a dad who has been there and done that.

Outstanding kid. I showed this to my diving son who now thinks I am the second coolest dad out there :-(

He built his own rebreather and he only came third in the science fair?? I hope we wasn't beat by the good ol' baking soda volcano!!!

Dear Ditch-Diver,
LOL!!
Tell your son that if he has the 2nd coolest Dad ever, he's a VERY lucky kid!
Maybe the boys can get together and dive some day!

These were recently written up in local newspapers about my son (Evan Bozanic, added for the search engines, since I neglected to add it the first time.) :-(

http://epaper.ocregister.com/Repository/Orange/2011/03/07/1/Img/Pg001_66.png

Teen diver chasing all 7 continents - Orange County Register

Teen diver chasing all seven continents after becoming the youngest person to dive south of the Antarctic Circle - Outdoors Wire - MiamiHerald.com

Congratulations to Evan and to you, Jeff. Happy New Year!

Wow, I am truly impressed! I just turned 19 and your son inspires me. I am a Tec SM Diver, Adv. CCR diver, SM instructor and MSDT candidate. The concept of a CCR is simple to execute and create a working model at his age is incredible. And I wish my parents still dive like you guys do, he is definitely going to rock with dive world! Can't wait to hear about his next endeavors! Go Evan!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom