100th Dive "Tradition"

How did you dress for your 100th dive?

• Like a sensible person.

Votes: 55 83.3%
  • As the good Lord made.

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What lake is this (think I asked that a long time ago)? How long was the dive. At 10C I usually did a 15-20 minute swim in N. Florida in winter. Years before that I'd chop a hole in the ice up at Paint Lake near Thompson for a quick in & out.

The lake pictured is actually West Hawk Lake at the dedicated diving bay (Government sanctioned buoys in place mid May to late fall). Not where we did the dive but a better picture of the kilt. No postable pics of the 100th as my buddy was also nude and she's in most of the pics... not mine to share. :giggle:

The 100th dive happened at my cottage just on the other side of the MB/ON border. We did a proper "20@20" dive.

The lake pictured is actually West Hawk Lake at the dedicated diving bay (Government sanctioned buoys in place mid May to late fall). Not where we did the dive but a better picture of the kilt. No postable pics of the 100th as my buddy was also nude and she's in most of the pics... not mine to share. :giggle:

The 100th dive happened at my cottage just on the other side of the MB/ON border. We did a proper "20@20" dive.
I figured it was somewhere East toward Ont. Didn't look like Lake Wpg.

Never did it myself, but had a strange experience during my fundies class.
We were practicing valve drills and helicopter turns in shallow water while I suddenly noticed something large and pale in the corner of my eye, turned my head and a very large woman wearing nothing but a BCD was swimming past just a meter away from us.
Me, the other student and our instructor just froze and looked at each other for a while, wondering what the hell just happened, never expected to see that.
Met her on the dock after our dive and she apologized profusely that we "had to see that", she was real sweet and apparently it was a pretty strong tradition in that region, I will never forget it :D

My 100th, full exposure protection for the sake of anyone in close proximity.
I jokingly tell most open water classes or those on group trips about the "tradition" and have only been in presence of two honoring the "tradition." Both unannounced and I hope I never see a third.

I think it's sexist for men to try and take this tradition from the women who created it....

I did my 100th dive in Lake Michigan in 40 degree water. I wore my dry suit or it would have been a 2 minute dive, tops.
Or rather, topless :p

Diving the 70s and then during their resurgence in the 80s the crochet bikini was a wonderous thing

full.jpg

What's so wrong about fin pivots

The local marine life have to suffer global warming, litter, possible boat strikes, water pollution, air pollution (for the mammals & birds), sound pollution ...

And now you want to subject them to me nekkid. Give them a break!

I have too much respect for nature to go au naturel

Also my 100th dive was local - not gonna happen in California waters.

I did my 500th dive naked off Palm Beach. As soon as I hit the reef it became a stupid idea for obvious reasons and not funny. Had I done it on my 100th dive, it still would have been stupid idea but it would have been funny.

Back
Top Bottom