Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP stated a nominal bottom time of 12min to 13min at 100m, so the above DCR is a reasonable guesstimate . . . You savvy?

No, because I don’t understand that metric crap, lol.

I have no idea if that’s a good sac rate and no idea what size tanks those are, lol. :)

No, because I don’t understand that metric crap, lol.

I have no idea if that’s a good sac rate and no idea what size tanks those are, lol. :)
Alright fair enough -that's based on a preliminary and very conservative SAC rate range estimate on the higher end of 22 to 26 liters/min, or roughly 0.7 to 0.9 cf/min. I would also recommend the additional intermediate deco 11L Alu cylinder of Trimix of 21/35 at a gas switch depth of 60 to 57m, to yield a "Rock Bottom" MGR (Minimum Gas Reserve) of 100m depth bottom mix at approx 70 bar.

What's everyone's thoughts on EAN80 vs. 100% O2? In light of the plan outlined above, EAN80 would obviously lower OTU's and CNS% and reduce the need for air-breaks whilst only increasing the total runtime by 3 minutes (i.e. a runtime of 106 minutes as opposed to 103 minutes).

What's everyone's thoughts on EAN80 vs. 100% O2? In light of the plan outlined above, EAN80 would obviously lower OTU's and CNS% and reduce the need for air-breaks whilst only increasing the total runtime by 3 minutes (i.e. a runtime of 106 minutes as opposed to 103 minutes).

Stroke crap.

Kensuf - out of interest why would you switch at 58m? The reason I chose to switch at 45m is because that's my first deco stop - if possible, i've always preferred to switch at a designated deco stop as opposed to on the fly.

Because I don't use a GF lo of 60, my first stop for the schedule is 55m.

Stroke crap.

Agreed, and I don’t even want to be part of this thread if goobers are going to start chiming in with 80%. LOL :)

... it’s a shame that less experienced divers get put down when they reach out for opinions from those who are more knowledgeable / been in the sport longer. I think we can all agree that there is no ‘right’ mix of deco gas - I was simply looking for an open discussion re gas mixes (not to be put down for throwing around ideas).

Unless you have a good stop at 30ft and poopy stop at 20ft (i.e. in a cave that limits where you can stop) skip the 20% N2. It's doing you no good at all.

... it’s a shame that less experienced divers get put down when they reach out for opinions from those who are more knowledgeable / been in the sport longer. I think we can all agree that there is no ‘right’ mix of deco gas - I was simply looking for an open discussion re gas mixes (not to be put down for throwing around ideas).

If you’re going to be a technical diver, you really gotta be able to recognize and take some playful ribbing. Geesh.

No one uses “stroke” seriously anymore. And Kensuf is a super nice guy, polar opposite of me. :) I’m certain it wasn’t his intention to make you feel put down.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom