$1000.00 cash reward

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeachJunkie:
I don't have a drysuit or a thick enough wetsuit to do pennyroyal right now. How's mermet as far as temperature? I'd love to get a little more diving experiences than just cerulean. I was actually thinking about heading down to panama city sometime around labor day weekend. Anyone intersted? I know its a long drive for most. I'm just itching to get back into the ocean instead of a quarry.

Yes, Chris is right. Most of Pennyroyal's & Mermet's interesting stuff is in the shallows. Right now you could go in just with what mother nature gave you:11: (though I wouldn't suggest it):rofl3: . Both Pennyroyal & Mermet's first thermocline are at about 35'. It doesn't get..... shall we say "refreshingly cool":D until you hit about 50'. If you wear a 3mm, wetsuit you should be comfy until about 40' or so. The surface of both quarries is at about 85- 88 degrees.

Land Locked:
I have got to make it down this year! I haven't seen Dennis in years.

Believe it or not, I've been seeing Kris & Dennis Tapp quite a bit right now. Kris is in my Dive Con class right now & Dennis is learning to train Dive Cons, so he is also involved with the class. Our class meets on Tues. nights in Evansville.

Back
Top Bottom