$100 Reward for finding sun glasses in lake travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gonzo52

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
This was sent to UT Scuba club, unfortunately most of us don't have access to a boat to make this really worth our while. I figured some of the more well financed divers around here may find a little search and recovery practice fun and 100 bucks never hurt anybody.

"Good morning, Chris. My name is Chip Jackson and I work for UT System Administration, but that’s not what I’m writing you about. I lost a pair of prescription Ray-Ban sunglasses on Monday in Rough Hollow Cove at Lake Travis and am looking for a scuba diver motivated to retrieve them. I don’t know if you’re in Austin over the summer, or know others that are and would be interested and taking a dive for my glasses? I can pretty much pinpoint their location. I’m throwing around some numbers in my head and am thinking that I’d pay $100 to the diver that finds them. The ideal person I’m looking for has a boat to get out there and scuba equipment of their own. If their interested, but don’t have a boat, contact me anyway.

Weird e-mail, I know, but I’m hopeful you or another college student is interested in making some easy money and get a dive out of it."

jejackson(at)utsystem(dot)edu

Last edited:
ok thats the email to contact the individual who lost the glasses and is offering the reward.

And now you're up to 7 posts so you can post the actual address. :)

I was going to say that is a lot of money for sunglasses but the fact that they are script means they cost 3-4 times that much. My company insurance plan and me paid over 400 for my Rudy Project prescription riding glasses. They do not go out on boats with me!
If he'll throw in air fare I'll come look for em!

If he has the boat I'll let him taking us out to the spot be the reward :)

Email sent, hopefully I can give him a hand and find it this weekend.

Met up with him, But was unable to locate the glasses in all of the muck, unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom