10 yr old Wreck Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No body is as good a diver as you, Jeff, we all know that.
You will have the honor of being the first person I have put on my ignore list

Awesome.

and I thought I lost my touch.

Im by no means knowledgable or skilled, so im not saying anything about the boys diving, cant tell much... im in the middle of my classes,

If you read the thread, you would see that the father is a CERTIFIED instructor. The kid got a huge jump on the rest of his classmates when he started his cert class.

I have no idea why I am responding to accusations that the kid has terrible skills, but ................. he started a formal scuba class with an active instructor who eventaully certified him.

You already know this is a losing battle Your not going to make many of the members happy, hold hands or sing Kumbaya.

Thank goodness he is certified, now we can focus on other things that make you a irresponsible diver.. :wink:

Congrats on him diving with you.......

Ya know,

One of the reasons WHY I usually don't hang out in Basic Discussions is because of inane little discussions like this one where pontificating FOOLS seem bound and determined to sell others that THEY are right and everyone else is WRONG. I really, REALLY dislike that attitude. Somehow people posting in this thread have equated a 10 year old diving with child abuse or worse - all to try and "prove" their supposed "point." PATHETIC. Please try growing up and acting just a bit more mature before you BORE the rest of us with your drivel.

This thread is borderline IMO for this particular forum (Basic Scuba Discussions). The basic scuba discussion forum is a flame free zone, and this thread has certainly pushed the limits.

Please note: This forum has special rules. This forum is intended to be a very friendly, "flame free zone" where divers of any skill level may ask questions about basic scuba topics without fear of being accosted. Please show respect and courtesy at all times. Remember that the inquirer is looking for answers that they can understand. This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed.

And there lies the key. You weren't there, you don't know his son or his abilities or how many dives he had done. You don't know the dad and his skills and how well he has taught his son. And you don't know the site and how easy or difficult it may be on any given day.

So to characterize DD as being "irresponsible," a "bad role model as a father and professional dive instructor", and taking actions that "reeks of stupidity" was way out of line on your part.

Take the blinders off and understand that everything doesn't always have to be "By the Book".

I said I couldn't judge him. There's no definitive right or wrong.

My opinion stills stands though - I think it is poor role modelling.

I was concerned about this too Howard, but unfortunately the near-flaming began with those that Drewski was referring to, and someone HAS to defend DumpsterDiver and his son.

and someone HAS to defend DumpsterDiver and his son.

Why? Maybe he was trolling. He has been on Scubaboard long enough to know what kind of reaction he would get.

I was concerned about this too Howard, but unfortunately the near-flaming began with those that Drewski was referring to, and someone HAS to defend DumpsterDiver and his son.

That has to be THE dumbest statement in this entire thread.

If you read the thread, you would see that the father is a CERTIFIED instructor. The kid got a huge jump on the rest of his classmates when he started his cert class.

Ok, terd, I was saying if his father is a scuba instructor, I would think he would get certified, i wasnt making any insults or accusations towards either one of them. I was stating the way i felt about certs. I thought the boys father would think the same way, just different opinion. read my whole post next time.

This thread is getting a bit ugly. Perhaps it should be closed before it gets out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom