10 watt hid replacement bulb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stellatj

Registered
Reaction score
Hi i have a Halcyon Proteus-6 10 watt hid dive light i want to sell it
i broke the bulb and i cant find one local can anyone suggest
a place i can order one i think my luck would be better selling it with the bulb

We can help. 877 ok scuba

Though it is true that one can find a cheaper 10 watt hid bulb, the Halcyon is the better one hands down. I broke mine (rapid stop) and choked up the money for the Halcyon replacement after plugging in both a $29 and $70 bulb in.. There's a big difference in the quality of the output.

where did you find a $29 10watt HID bulb? even if it's not the same quality, it would make a nice backup bulb to keep on hand (hopefully never needed...)

Stellatj - how easy was it to replace the bulb in your proteus? I just killed the bulb in my proteus 3 by dropping it and was curious.

You can also get the Halcyon bulb from Mar-vel in New Jersey for $109 ... not much more than a UK replacement from Leisurepro ($79)

Aloha, Tim

Aren't all the 10w HID bulbs made by Welch Allyn? Anyone know if the UK Light Cannon 10w bulb fits in the new Dive Rite handheld? $70 vs $130 for the replacement bulbs, sure would be nice if they do...

Rob

Back
Top Bottom