10 most deadly animals to humans.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SailNaked

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
10 - Shark ~ claims 50 human lives a year.
9 - jelly fish (more than a shark :shocked2:) put you in a jam.
8 - Hippo (Groucho's other brother).
7 - lion about 250 lives lost
6 - Bee - not so sweet I think.
5 - elephant 600 lost - just smashing.
4 - Crock ~ 2000 taking a bite out of humanity.
3 - Scorpion king at 5000
2 - Snake slipping into the lead at 10,000
and the number one most deadly creature to humans in the world with over 2 million victims a year

the Mosquito.

(source is the Internet so take with a bit of salt and pepper).

I'd say humans would be number one. We're more deadly to ourselves than anything else.

Yes, humans number one and mosquitos not on the list. It's not the mosquitos, it's the company they keep, Plasmodium falciparum, that does all the killing.

Yes, humans number one and mosquitos not on the list. It's not the mosquito, it's the company it keeps, Plasmodium falciparum, that does all the killing.

I still hate 'em.

Have to agree with the sentiment that the most dangerous animal to mankind is mankind itself.

Having suffered from Dengue fever I would be happy to see all mosquitos eliminated from the planet. I am sure they fill some valuable niche in the ecosystem however on the whole I reckon we could live without them. :D

I've seen the direct effects of some seriously unpleasant jellyfish and recently a stonefish, fatalities prevented fortunately, but I'd cuddle up to a shark anytime over tickling a grizzly bear.

All in all I'd rather be eaten by a shark than suffer an ignominious end due to a small parasite and it's partner bacteria.

The deadliest creature on the planet? It's not even really alive - it would be viruses. Ebola, Marburg, HIV....

I will stick with the sharks, thanks! :D

Cheers

C.

Mosquitos above water. Divers below and above.

Yes, humans number one and mosquitos not on the list. It's not the mosquitos, it's the company they keep, Plasmodium falciparum, that does all the killing.

Obviously you've never met the man-killing grizzly mosquito of the Adirondack Mountains, Anopheles ursus horribilis as it is known scientifically, has been documented devour entire adult humans in a single meal.

Back
Top Bottom