10 days budget Philippine suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi I have been previously in Moalboal and Dauin in somewhat higher standard accommodation
This time I will be traveling on my own with my photo gear with the only objective of taking home some shots for a book.
Anybody has suggestion of a dive operator that I can use that would treat me more as a local than a tourist?
Thank you!

Until you have been a repeat customer at a dive resort, you will be treated as a tourist!
How many times have you been to Moalboal and Dauin?
Repeat bussiness is how you get to the undocumented dive sites, especially if you get to a first name basis with the dive shop owner, or a few of the dive instructors and divemasters!
If you are only looking for moderately priced accomodations, most dive shops will have a few places to stay at resonable prices.
Dive Puerto Galera, Dive Philippines, Dive Action Divers
Puerto Galera Resort: Blue Ribbon Dive Resort
Dive Philippines with Mermaid Resort in Sabang, Puerto Galera, Philippines
These are a few resorts in Puerto Galera. The two dive shops can give you a couple of accomodation choices each! Two hour drive south of Manila to the Batangas pier, then a 45 min. boat ride to Sabang Beach. There will be people available to help cary your gear, and get you to the resort you select.
Choose a destination first, then look for different diveshops to compare their offering to fit your budget!
Subic bay- Two hour drive north and east of Manila
Anilao- Two hour drive south of Manila.
Mactan Is- A short flight south of Manila to Cebu, (you have already been to Cebu)
Bohol, Panglao Is.- A fast ferry ride south of Cebu city to Tagbilaren then a 15 min. tricycle or taxi ride to Panglao.

In Mactan Cebu try going to Marigondon Pier and asking around in the morning. I used to freelance in that area and there were always a couple of small bancas that knew most of the sites. I could probably put you in touch with a local 'DM' as well. Tanks can be rented locally as well.

Anilao would be your best bet, that area has been in the list of places for "center of marine biodiversity" more than once, I believe it ranked 1st at one point. Numerous resorts to chose from, Go on a weekday, I know a nice convinient place PM me for details. Not known to a lot of divers, this resort is owned by the same people who runs the diving side of Amanpulo. The good thing is their prices are no way near that of what they normally would charge in Amanpulo.

I've heard that one drawback to Anilao is that it often caters to weekend divers from the PI so trips mid-week are less certain. If you want to go out, you MAY have to pay the full boat and DM costs. I'm heading there next month and have made sure I will have others to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom