1 month through Scandinavia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kitzy

Contributor
Reaction score
He! I am planning to fly into Scandinavia this year and be picked up with my friends campervan, I want to do a mix of sight seeing and diving both, and most likely fly back out once a month has passed.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good dive sites?

1685725164167.png

These are currently the two routes give or take that are being debated, detours are possible, especially if one specific area has a lot of locations.

I am OW, so any dives that really only are good past 18m are of no interest, I dive doubles as I am moving towards tech and any dive location that can rent doubles are a huge +, worst case I'll just convert to singles.

EDIT: The friend sadly isn't certified to dive, so I do need to do either guided dives or find buddy's

Thanks!

You’ve painted in all of the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland, Germany, Poland and the Baltic states.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good dive sites?

There are literally thousands along the way. I think you need to be more specific, or just research an area when you get to it. :)

(It also looks like an intense tour to do in a month.)

You’ve painted in all of the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland, Germany, Poland and the Baltic states.

There are literally thousands along the way. I think you need to be more specific, or just research an area when you get to it. :)
We're talking Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

Norway, Sweden and Denmark being the best candidates.

Sweden and Denmark being the closet to me.

Well, pretty much all of the Norwegian coast is supposed to be quite good diving, though I haven't gotten there myself yet. Lots of WW2 wrecks in the Fjords if that's your thing. The Swedish west coast is nice, I recommend Väderöarna and the area around Smögen, Lysekil and Gullmarsfjorden. That's nature diving; on the east coast you have more wreck diving with well-preserved wrecks. Much of it will be a bit deeper than 18m, though that will be up to your own judgement to adhere to. The boats and dive centers here won't police you.

Denmark... Hm. I live in Skåne, and I think the diving in Denmark is similar, which is to say not spectacular, go somewhere else.

Well, pretty much all of the Norwegian coast is supposed to be quite good diving, though I haven't gotten there myself yet. Lots of WW2 wrecks in the Fjords if that's your thing. The Swedish west coast is nice, I recommend Väderöarna and the area around Smögen, Lysekil and Gullmarsfjorden. That's nature diving; on the east coast you have more wreck diving with well-preserved wrecks. Much of it will be a bit deeper than 18m, though that will be up to your own judgement to adhere to. The boats and dive centers here won't police you.
The ww2 wrecks sound quite nice but I also imagine all of that is past 18m?

While Kattegat has one of the highest concentrations of wrecks in the world, most of them are fairly small and very deteriorated. Anything "spectacular" around Denmark is well beyond 18m depth.

Norway has amazing diving, although most of the well preserved ww2 wrecks are, again, beyond the depth of an OW diver. You should contact NORD&NE diving and snorkeling in Saltstraumen the world's strongest maelstrom if you plan on going by Bodø though, to dive in Saltstraumen. Narvik has large ww2 wrecks within OW depths, but I don't know any specific dive ops there.

While Kattegat has one of the highest concentrations of wrecks in the world, most of them are fairly small and very deteriorated. Anything "spectacular" around Denmark is well beyond 18m depth.

Norway has amazing diving, although most of the well preserved ww2 wrecks are, again, beyond the depth of an OW diver. You should contact NORD&NE diving and snorkeling in Saltstraumen the world's strongest maelstrom if you plan on going by Bodø though, to dive in Saltstraumen. Narvik has large ww2 wrecks within OW depths, but I don't know any specific dive ops there.
Thanks, that sounds amazing!

Any other kinda diving you would recommend in the area?

Any mountain diving ? I have always wanted to dive in crystal clear waters in the mountains up there

I've never dived it myself, but Lyngstølsvatnet certainly would be a special experience! Its a village that got "drowned" more then a hundred years ago due to a rockfall:)

I've never dived it myself, but Lyngstølsvatnet certainly would be a special experience! Its a village that got "drowned" more then a hundred years ago due to a rockfall:)

Adding that onto my radar, thanks !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom