1 day 1 tank dive Puerto, Mazatlan or Cabo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I were in PV last week. I dove Chimo with Boca Divers and was less than impressed with the dive. This is supposed to be one of the best sites around and I was nonplused. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t spectacular. In all fairness I’m a bit spoiled. PNW diving is fabulous and the only other warm water diving I’ve done is a few weeks in Palau.

On a positive note, I have nothing but good things to say about Boca divers (www.bocadivers.com). Fun, professional, courteous, accommodating, the list goes on. If you want to dive PV and are looking to avoid the crowds, put these guy’s high on your list.

xgalanty:
We are joining our family on a "Carnival Mexican Rivera Cruise" in December 2004.

Because of children and family obligations we can only schedule one (1) dive in one (1) of these ports.

If you could only dive 1 (or 2) tank dives in ONE OF THESE ports, which one locations would you recommend, and which dive spot?

Nov. 29th Puerto Vallarta 8 am to 10 pm
Nov. 30th Mazatlan 9 am to 6 pm
Nov. 31st Cabo San Lucas 8 am to 4 pm

We are both certified and have been diving for over 14 years, but never in these locations.

Also, any recommendations / Contact info on operators and dive spots in these locations.

Tough choice, but we have to make one.

Thanks,

Mark

CABO......No question about it! Diving's better, closer and the probability of being able to get your one or two dives in is much greater at Cabo. Have fun!!

Regards,

ColdH2Odvr:
My wife and I were in PV last week. I dove Chimo with Boca Divers and was less than impressed with the dive. This is supposed to be one of the best sites around and I was nonplused. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t spectacular. In all fairness I’m a bit spoiled. PNW diving is fabulous and the only other warm water diving I’ve done is a few weeks in Palau.

On a positive note, I have nothing but good things to say about Boca divers (www.bocadivers.com). Fun, professional, courteous, accommodating, the list goes on. If you want to dive PV and are looking to avoid the crowds, put these guy’s high on your list.

Based on all this great PV feedback, It looks like we will be diving Cabo. Thanks for the feedback. It is much appreciated. I will let everyone know about our experience in the Mexico Rivera.

Xgalanty

Cudabait:
CABO......No question about it! Diving's better, closer and the probability of being able to get your one or two dives in is much greater at Cabo. Have fun!!

Regards,

Cabo it is! Thank you .... (What scuba outfit do you know and like in Cabo?)

xgalanty

For those interested in this thread for their own trip this is the follow up reply:

We dove with Amigos Del Mar http://www.amigosdelmar.com/ in Cabo on December 31st, 2004. Amigos Outfit was good. Meet us at the dock with sign. Equipment seemed to be in decent shape for a rental outfit.

Diving was good, not great! Two tanks, vizability poor, water was 72 degrees. Dove at the point. 2 Mantas, Morey Eels, lots of puffer fish, etc. Amigo Del Mar has 3 or 4 boats, we were on the trimaran modified especially as dive boat. She was a good vessel. Kevin is the proprieter, and a decent fellow. They have an American reseveration office, but they are poor to respond, so I made all reservations through email via credit card. P.S. they give discounts if you pay via check in advance through the US office, but good luck getting the US guy (In Pacific Palisades CA.) to get back to you. I think it is just a shared reservation office.

Several other divers told me they choose Amigos Del Mar because of their environmental work in the area.

Wish you all the best diving. Thanks again to all of you who gave us some advice and tips.

Mark

I would second your choice. I dove PV last october, and while the operator was fine, I don't have any interest in diving there again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom