1.Awesome 2. Key Largo Dive Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpdunc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
1. Just back from a cruise with stops in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. These were our first salt water dives and all four were fantastic!

2. We're taking a short trip to Key Largo specifically for diving. Any recommendations on which of the numerous dive shops are best for relatively new divers?

Thanks in advance,

I am sure you will get numberous responses for different shops. The only time I went I used Conch Republic Divers and would use them again. They are just south of Key Largo in Tavenier. It was great. Have fun.

Ditto on Tavernier Dive Center. They're a good op.

Also consider HMS Minnow Charters. They're a 6-pack out of the Holiday Inn docks. They're a bit more expensive, but they're great for avoiding the crowds.

You wont go wrong with either one though.

Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone have experience with either Silent World or Amory Slate?

How many of you take your own tanks and weights versus paying the extra $12 to $16 per person for a two tank dive using theirs?

Could this be THE Cpt. Tom ?
Good to hear that you're still kicking around and have'nt fled to the hills of NC, as so many of our fav. folks have ! Just a short thank you for making even the cattle boats enjoyable. BTW do you still have that cutlass earring, I always admired that thing !

Perhaps we'll see you on the rock sometime.

Your summertime fair weather divers.

John & Jean

Hmmmm.... it could be me! I definately still have an earring that fits that description, although it lives in the drawer now-a-days since I had to take a "real job" after my divorce made me responsible for 2 families.

Is my life as good now as it was then? Hmmmmm.... in some ways better but I sure miss every day on the water......

Hills of NC? It's been considered.....

Your first names are way familiar, where did you dive with me, OD or Ocean Reef? I'm thinking OD.

Tom

ps- Send me a "pm" with your last name

:D

I can't think of any more perfect locations to do one's first dives. Now the trick is not to be jaded by the outstanding viz. of Coz. nor the walls of Grand Cayman. On your K. Largo trip, make sure you dive the Benwood Wreck and Molasses Reef for the sheer numbers of sealife. BTW if you enjoyed the walls of Cayman, you should treat yourselves to a summer trip on the Cayman Aggressor liveaboard. The diving is easy and the sheer walls starting in 18ft. are stunning. I prefer smaller six-pack charters when in the Keys, the pace is more relaxed. The suggestions by WreckWriter are excellent ones.

Enjoy Yourselves

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom