1/2" LP Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richeod

Reaction score
I've searched everywhere and can't find a single source for 1/2 inch regulator hoses in 22 or 24 inch lengths. Does anyone know where I can order them? Preferably from an online dealer based in the U.S..
And yes I know I can use an adapter but I'd rather not.

Thanks,
Josh

Richeod once bubbled...
I've searched everywhere and can't find a single source for 1/2 inch regulator hoses in 22 or 24 inch lengths. Does anyone know where I can order them? Preferably from an online dealer based in the U.S..
And yes I know I can use an adapter but I'd rather not.

Thanks,
Josh

LP has them on their website and in stoock.

$19.95 each

Check out DiveInn. They now have the Apeks 1/2 to 3/8 adaptor. It's much nicer than the long one that Trident sells. It basically looks like a reducer bushing. That way you can use a standard hose and not have the long adaptor sticking out of your 1/2 port. I plan on switching out the adaptor I'm currently using on my secondary (22") that I have screwed into my secondary reg.

I have a related question -
If I buy a reg online, i assume that it includes only the reg itself - no hoses, etc.?
I am actually debating right now on an unused Apeks tx100. I can get it cheap. What other items will I need/want to buy? I'd like to bring everthing in to my LDS toghether. Thanks

snobeach once bubbled...
I have a related question -
If I buy a reg online, i assume that it includes only the reg itself - no hoses, etc.?
I am actually debating right now on an unused Apeks tx100. I can get it cheap. What other items will I need/want to buy? I'd like to bring everthing in to my LDS toghether. Thanks
Usually, a regulator would include the first stage, second stage and a hose. Most octopus regulators come with a hose as well, as do most SPGs or consoles. But have a look at the hose lengths most regulators come with - they're designed for "golden triangle" type configurations where the octopus is donated. Alternative configurations such as bungeed backups that require donating from the mouth, or overhead configurations for wreck or cave diving, will require different length hoses.

what length hose is best if you donate your primary second? Any guess about the cost? If i buy the reg i mentioned (tx100) i'm sure it is the reg alone. Only $200. though! What do you think? I'm told it was a dispaly model. A shop gave it to this guy for some work done and he never used it. No box or paperwork were ever received...should i worry? I'm just trying to get a hanle on the cost of making it good to go. If too much, I'll buy online through a more known source.

the typical answer is either a 5' or 7' hose.

The PRACTICAL answer is that which routes well for you. A 5' typically routes under your armpit, up the chest, around the neck (about 3/4 of a "turn") and into the mouth.

A 7' routes around either a canister light or pouch, then the same as the 5'. If you have a 7' and neither a pouch or canister, some people will tuck it into the strap. I dislike doing this (I've tried it) as restowing it is somewhat of a PITA after deployment. I have a pouch on my rig though, and that works well as a routing point.

Anything shorter than a 5' pretty much dictates a direct run without going around your neck (otherwise it just doesn't fit) and I find that amazingly uncomfortable or snag-prone with enough length to be actually given away.

I use a 7' hose. If I dont have a light canister on, i just tuck it in my belt right out in front, it is REAL easy to do, and once the reg is donated, it pulls out with one quick pull, very simplistic, very safe.

A 5' hose defeats the purpose of having a long hose, you must be able to swim in single file without have a fin in your face.

(of course 2 very short people could use a 5 ' hose)

Dave

Back
Top Bottom