1-15 June Philippines Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 1 OPEN WATER and 2 DIVEMASTER students in Culasi 23 May to 7 June. Stop by if you make it to Region VI.....Antique, Panay......LONG LIVE VISAYAS DIVING!!!

Attachments

• MAP_OF_PANAY.ppt
    115 KB · Views: 52
Well, it's official now... Everything is approved and my plane ticket is bought. I'll be arriving in Manila the afternoon of the 1st.

Any thoughts on what a taxi to Anilao should cost? I had planned on taking the bus to Batangas and then maybe getting a taxi there. Now I'm thinking more about getting there in time to get a dive or two in the first day :D

what dates will you be at anilao bill?

My flight gets in at 1:15 PM on the 1st. If I go straight to Anilao I should be able to get a night dive in the first night :wink:

My plan at the moment (always subject to change depending on weather, money, availability of dive buddies, etc....) is to be in Anilao until the 6th and then move over to PG. I'll head back to Manila from PG on the morning of the 14th. I can't dive on the 14th because I have a 4:30AM flight on the 15th.

Aqua V on the 7th? Thinking of going on day trip as well

Thanks :) My plan right now is to stay at Club Ocellaris. They gave me the best rate. I know a lot of people dive Aqua V, but for someone who expects to spend the week diving by themselves, they were too expensive.

Theres actually an entire thread on this exact subject. I can't afford to dive with most of the places in Anilao for an extended period because of the way they do pricing there. I'm already spending more to dive there than I've spent anywhere else in the Philippines. After a lot of thought I had pretty much decided to leave there no later than Friday morning. I know that there are more people to dive with on the weekends, but I wanted more dive days in PG. I'm taking at least one day to go to Verde Island while I'm in PG. I may try to go twice :)

If enough people said Anilao vice PG, I could stay another day. I've had at least one person say they'll come to PG and a couple of maybe's. I've also had a couple who have said they'll come to Anilao. At this point, I'm in kind of in a "wait and see" mode.... I'll have to decide at some point, but I still have time right now :)

Thanks :) My plan right now is to stay at Club Ocellaris. They gave me the best rate. I know a lot of people dive Aqua V, but for someone who expects to spend the week diving by themselves, they were too expensive.

Theres actually an entire thread on this exact subject. I can't afford to dive with most of the places in Anilao for an extended period because of the way they do pricing there. I'm already spending more to dive there than I've spent anywhere else in the Philippines. After a lot of thought I had pretty much decided to leave there no later than Friday morning. I know that there are more people to dive with on the weekends, but I wanted more dive days in PG. I'm taking at least one day to go to Verde Island while I'm in PG. I may try to go twice :)

If enough people said Anilao vice PG, I could stay another day. I've had at least one person say they'll come to PG and a couple of maybe's. I've also had a couple who have said they'll come to Anilao. At this point, I'm in kind of in a "wait and see" mode.... I'll have to decide at some point, but I still have time right now :)
or you can just do PG on weekdays, come over directly to Anilao on a weekend where there will be more PPDers (I hope). Diver dennis has done that twice in 2006.

ps - just trying to save you dive money:wink:

Last edited:
or you can just do PG on weekdays, come over directly to Anilao on a weekend where there will be more PPDers (I hope). Diver dennis has done that twice in 2006.

ps - just trying to save you dive money:wink:

Ahh... well that is a thought also. I do miss dive time while I'm moving back and forth. Gotta figure half a day each way between Anilao and PG.

I probably can't reach PG the same day that I arrive. I might if I get a taxi to take me straight to the ferry terminal in Batangas, but I might not. If I have to stay overnight somewhere before getting to PG, I lose another half day. I will be able to reach Anilao, maybe even in time to get in a night dive on the day I arrive. It's a thought... I'll see. Thanks :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom