1-14-09 Videos of the deep...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay,

So I got your attention it's not videos of the deep but instead Monterey and it's gorgeous vizibility at Point Lobos. I was blessed by Neptune for good weather and Devin took me on a guided tour out of the cove, (thanks Devin).

I've been to Point lobos two other times and it was nasty with zero vizibility, I was beginning to doubt this place for it's underwater beauty, I was wrong.

I have several short video clips and I'm going to start uploading on this thread. Here is the first one of Devin swimming through the kelp and I took it so you can see the type of clear water we got, he comes out so detailed.

Mike

YouTube - Picture 066

Hey Mike!
Nice viz indeed..
Often, the key is to swim out past the mouth of the cove for better viz.The cove is usually not so hot,but it is much better a bit further out. Its worth the swim! I have had less than 15ft in the cove and upwards of 50ft out a ways..
Look forward to the others vids..

Drew

Here I am at lunch and trying to view the video and work has blocked You Tube. I just I will check from home.

I'm not able to view the video yet because my work blocks Youtube as well, but I'm glad to hear you final had a good Lobos experience. Isn't it beautiful!!

That place rocks it is absolute jem !!!! the three time I have gone has ben 50 to 60 ft vis, It is like diving in an aquirim or some ones fish tank. It make you relize why you got into this sport.

Great video Mike, looks like you guys had some pristine conditions. It looks like the weekend divers are going to miss that.

I could have used a guide as I had a near miss with some rocks coming back from Bluefish cove -yikes. I hope to put a report up soon with some video

Ken, were you diving Bluefish? Did you swim/scuba around the washrocks? That's impressive, it's a mighty-long swim, and terribly shallow right around cannery point. I've never been all the way to bluefish and don't think I would be able to get there without a scooter or kayak!

Great conditions, i'm so jealous! Those fish are called "sheephead" FYI :)

Yep, that's a male California Sheephead. Did you know that the females can become males later in life?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom