1,000th Dive on Bonaire- Which dive site would you choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trailboss123,
The salt pier was closed for divers when we last visited in early May. It's open now, but the Cargill folks needed to do some structural repairs, which involved relocating coral that was growing over anchoring elements, heavy chains, and other structural components. I believe STINAPA was involved in the operation too.
It may be that the pier will need a few months or years to regains its glamour. I'm not sure how it is now, only that it got some relevant repairs and service done just a few months ago.
Let us know how you find it.

ncfnp,
They truly are. Next time you can, go with Bas Tol, and ask him to take you to Lac Caí.
Simply amazing. Bas discoverd areas where white mitten shrimp, circled shrimp and longhorn blennies live... that's only on the East coast and many other interesting night critters that are worth getting a chance to see. Bring your camera.
Cheers,
Ricardo

Trailboss123,
TOLO...
IMG_0585.jpg

ncfnp,
They truly are. Next time you can, go with Bas Tol, and ask him to take you to Lac Caí.
Simply amazing. Bas discoverd areas where white mitten shrimp, circled shrimp and longhorn blennies live... that's only on the East coast and many other interesting night critters that are worth getting a chance to see. Bring your camera.
Cheers,
Ricardo
You've talked me into it. Didn't take much. :wink:

1000th dive is nice. But I would be much more interested in my 1001 dive....

It's just a number. Don't get too excited about it. What if the weather / viz is total crap?

Just keep on diving like the next dive is your last one....Enjoy it, have fun, be satisfied with what it provided.

3e8 & 3e9...

South: Cai & White Hole

North: La Dania's Leap to Karpata

Park: Wayaka II & Boca Slagbaai (go to the left on both)

There are some other super sweet unlisted sites that are a secret.

Last edited:
The one with the best conditions.
We have done the East side and seen some great life. The first time we did it as an ego dive. The surf was up. Vis was garbage and half our guys tumbled through the rocks getting in and out.
There are some amazing gorgonia fields down by slave huts. Love that dive. On one dive there we called it after 20 minutes due to a huge current conspiring to sweep us east.
Point being, if its a big event, load the dice. Try to find the best conditions and be around people you want to be with.
This may lead to a night dive.
Enjoy!

UV Night dive on Cliff.

3e8 & 3e9...

South: Cai & White Hole

North: La Dania's Leap to Karpata

Park: Wayaka II & Boca Slagbaai (go to the left on both)

There are some other super sweet unlisted sites that are a secret.

Love all of your suggestions! Have done all of them except White Hole. And they are all worthy! And yes to going left (south on Wayaka and Slagbaai)- My favorite "mostly" unlisted on the leeward side is Candyland.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom