01/10/09 LBTS Shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim, thanks for posting this link. Since the house is already clean, maybe I can make it! Cool beans, have not dived at Pompano since forever! Last time there, I thought it was even better than LBTS.. but the parking was worse!

Luckydays
My opinion Snorkeling will not work well with a group of divers ,Vis could be bad from the top but good on the bottom , also remember this is a long swim out but relaxing 500 yards 30 -45 minutes Don't let the numbers scare you .I have taken two divers out that were not from Florida and they swear to me after the dive they will not do another beach dive again :depressed:.Both of them were totally out of shape they will stick to boats .I know U can do this :clapping:

Last edited:
Scuba Jenny follow my directions that are posted on page #1 park in the parking lot the beach is across the street remember there is a dive shop there in case you need something tell them your from the meetup group ,they give you 20% off .read the section about air supply

Kim, thanks for posting this link. Since the house is already clean, maybe I can make it! Cool beans, have not dived at Pompano since forever! Last time there, I thought it was even better than LBTS.. but the parking was worse!
read my post page #1 park in the parking lot

Originally Posted by ctx120
Both of them were totally out of shape they will stick to boats .I know U can do this

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The numbers dont scare me but I think that I will have to see what happens after the dive to determine if I can handle future shore dives. (Definitely not in great shape) Luckily or me (or unlucky depending on how you look at it) my only opportunity to shore dive will be vacations or in my quarry :shakehead: as Lake Michigan is not condusive to shore diving.

Originally Posted by Divergirl4u
Steven ctx said the dive shop was having a beach party as well so luckydays this is your lucky day lol

Woo-hoo!!!! I love lucky days!!!

Let me just say that I am so excited to dive with you guys this weekend. Thanks for being willing to show me the sights. :D
Barbara

Remember this as an almost...

500 yards = 1/3 mile Someone will always meet this with a cramp, either on the way out or the way in... especially in cooler water.

Not meant to put a damper on any planned dive, just putting actual numbers and information to possible issues that need to be considered (yes, one of my job hats includes forward/possible security thinking, and it falls over to everything in my life... What a loser!)

Please also remember that high slack tide is around 7:30 AM. This means you will be facing low tide movement pushing east during your swim back in....

Scuba Jenny follow my directions that are posted on page #1 park in the parking lot the beach is across the street remember there is a dive shop there in case you need something tell them your from the meetup group ,they give you 20% off .read the section about air supply

Thanks for the info. I am good to go with equipment.

I will be there.

I am up for the ledge (big rocks, not too far out) but not the drop off (not too much to see but deeper water).

Let me comment on the snorkeling - there is a rubble reef close in to shore in shallow water that would be fine for snorkeling, I have done it a couple of times.

Last time we were at the ledge I took off my BC and did a couple of free dives to the bottom, so it is doable. However, without a BC you would be swimming for a LONG time without the opportunity for rest. Also, it is pretty hard to get down or stay down with a wetsuit :)

Saturday morning 9:30 AM Pompano beach dive
any questions PM me

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom