0.6 cuft tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I entered I have HP 119 (all my settings are in imperial on the computer) for a tank and I can clearly see it as a setting in the computer.

When I see logged dive on MyUEMIS under Overview - Gas it says tank is 0.6 cft /21% O2.

No way I can do any diving with that size tank.

You are right. It probably should be much closer to .5 cu ft.

Well I would prefer not being calculated into volume. In US 119 cft tank is not volume of the tank but generally amount of gas one can put into the tank at nominal pressure. Why break the convention?

Well I would prefer not being calculated into volume. In US 119 cft tank is not volume of the tank but generally amount of gas one can put into the tank at nominal pressure. Why break the convention?

Who bought that POS computer?:crafty:

Output probably makes a lot more sense in EU and presented in liters.

That is only a convention in the USA as far as I know.

The rest of the world works in Litres and tanks rated by water content - 12.2L tanl = what you call 100CuFt.

And BTW I love my UEMIS, works really well - hardly a POS!

That is only a convention in the USA as far as I know.

The rest of the world works in Litres and tanks rated by water content - 12.2L tanl = what you call 100CuFt.

And BTW I love my UEMIS, works really well - hardly a POS!

But how often do you get a 232 bar fill?

Never!

Usually a hot fill at around 220 'ish and cools to 210 but the UEMIS - as far as I know - calculates volume correctly based on water content size in L and the pressure seen by the sensor - and uses a calculation to bring it all back to a std temperature they use to work this out.

This cuft/metric difference has been covered in a previous thread and I thought UEMIS fixed the issue 2 firmwares ago?!?

UEMIS seems to track what my SPG says pretty much spot on.

Iztok can you post a screen capture from that overview so we can see?

BTW Kern how did the nektite neck seal system work out for you on the fusion?

Mhh, well, that's a story for telling over a couple of beers. :)

Thats good cause I drink beer! Rum too.........

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom