0.6 cuft tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You dont need a computer to tell you what size your tank is!

You only need to tell IT was size your tank is IF you want it to track your air consumption.....

Try going metric for a while and see if the problems remain......

While I prefer metric in general I unfortunately do not live in in a country where this is useful. So going metric will not help at all.

USA is a big market and probably accounts for 50% of the equipment sold (general for scuba equipment) and it is reasonable to expect a modern dive computer to account for this.

I didn't say permenantly - just to see if the problem repeats when under metric settings.

Considering the issue is that 0.6 cft is directy translation from metric and how tanks are labeled in metric vs. imperial I don't need to switch to know it will work.

0.6 cft is 17l while tank is actually 14.8l (HP 119).

Some rounding was going on here.

I also noticed that when I set up 15ft safety stop it came out at 13.x ft on the dive?

Yup. I noticed the exact same thing on the safety stop depth as well.

Uemis says they will be fixing the issue with the next firmware... Lets hope they do. Every other dive comp I have used has no issues going from metric to imperial so there is no reason why the Uemis should.

i am not sure (with regards to how all the other computers do it) but I think the UEMIS does things differently than a lot of them... as in it's essentially like web pages that you are opening, so they have to apply the conversion to each unit on each page. not a 'blanket' conversion like most computers do.

i am not sure (with regards to how all the other computers do it) but I think the UEMIS does things differently than a lot of them... as in it's essentially like web pages that you are opening, so they have to apply the conversion to each unit on each page. not a 'blanket' conversion like most computers do.

15ft is 4.57m I am assuming UEMIS rounds it (incorrectly) to 4m (as it only uses integers?) and when it does conversion from 4m to ft it comes up with 13.1ft.

I hope the fix will be to increase the resolution not just proper rounding as otherwise I'll end up with safety stop at 16.4ft.

I am not all that bothered by what happens on the web page... BUT the same rounding/conversion issue happens on the UNIT.

Mine shows the same rounding issues on the unit itself, before you even sync to a website. That I find to be not okay. 15ft - 13.1ft is not a huge difference, but with a device that is supposed to be rather precise and deal with a lot of precise calculations...

And as I mentioned before, this does not just happen with safety stop depth... happens with PSI-Bar as well... So who knows how its calculating all your info as your actually diving.

I am not all that bothered by what happens on the web page... BUT the same rounding/conversion issue happens on the UNIT.

Mine shows the same rounding issues on the unit itself, before you even sync to a website. That I find to be not okay. 15ft - 13.1ft is not a huge difference, but with a device that is supposed to be rather precise and deal with a lot of precise calculations...

And as I mentioned before, this does not just happen with safety stop depth... happens with PSI-Bar as well... So who knows how its calculating all your info as your actually diving.

I would like to know how many QA testers (or beta testers) does UEMIS have that are familiar with expectations in such a large market as USA.

So this was not fixed. I still show 0.6 cft tanks on MyUEMIS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom