How much air does an LP85 hold at 2400 PSI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So volume means nothing regarding diving, how long of a dive can I do with a 13l tank at 0 psi?
Volume is one half of the information you need. Pressure is the other half.
Are you actually having a hard time grasping this or just being obtuse?
If you are legitimately having a hard time wrapping your head around it, feel free to call me and we can work through it over the phone. I can text you my number.
If you are just being a dousche, I am done here.

Now you are being silly.
Tracy has a valid point: the volume of the tank is fixed. The volume of the air it can hold depends on the pressure...and it is the same volume as the tank if the air is pressurized....its volume does not increase until you take it out of the tank, and then it depends on whether you take it out at (say) sea level or (say) 20m depth. You know all this. So why the silly statements?
Maybe but he is the one who said I was confusing pressure with volume, the OP asked
My Faber LP85 has a little sign near the valve that says 2400. How much does this tank hold when filled to 2400 PSI? What about when overfilled to 3600 PSI?
To argue liquid volume in the context of diving is beside the point. This particular rift is in response to my saying a full tank is needed and in the context of diving knowing you have a full tank can matter, having an underfilled tank can matter too, for someone in plan scenari.

the after question is the LP 85 actually the exact same tank as the HP 100? Do they each in fact hold the exact same liquid volume?

Volume is one half of the information you need. Pressure is the other half.
Are you actually having a hard time grasping this or just being obtuse?
If you are legitimately having a hard time wrapping your head around it, feel free to call me and we can work through it over the phone. I can text you my number.
If you are just being a dousche, I am done here.
See above, is an LP85 the exact same tank as an HP 100?

See above, is an LP85 the exact same tank as an HP 100?
I already answered it.
For the purposes of diving, yes.
An hp100 has a volume of 12.9 L
An LP85 has a volume of 13L.
So yes, they are basically the same tank.
A steel 72 is also basically the same tank, but they die within a few hydro cycles if you fill them above about 3200 psi. LP 85s have thicker walls than a steel 72 and don't care about cave fills.

As for EXACT same, no.
a Faber lp85 is thinner and an inch longer than a current hp100.
Tanks also vary by manufacturer and from year to year.
A worthington LP85 was nearly indiscernible to the eye from a worthington hp100.

To argue liquid volume in the context of diving is beside the point. This particular rift is in response to my saying a full tank is needed and in the context of diving knowing you have a full tank can matter, having an underfilled tank can matter too, for someone in plan scenari.

the after question is the LP 85 actually the exact same tank as the HP 100? Do they each in fact hold the exact same liquid volume?
That is what you seem to be missing. Liquid volume and pressure are the only items that actually matter. Not an arbitrary amount at an arbitrary pressure assigned as a marketing term.

Full tank doesn't mean a thing if you don't know how much that is.

That is what you seem to be missing. Liquid volume and pressure are the only items that actually matter. Not an arbitrary amount at an arbitrary pressure assigned as a marketing term.

Full tank doesn't mean a thing if you don't know how much that is.
Cool, so what does the OP’s tank hold at 2400 vs 3600?

I have a faber 85(?) that looks exactly like a faber 100, it’s lighter though so …

73cf at 2400 and 107 cf at 3600

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom