Another PNW diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ianfrank

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all from South Puget Sound. I earned my OW cert in August and am currently working on my AOW. I dive every chance I get balancing with work and family time. On average I get out twice every three weeks. 16 dives since August. I am lucky enough to work on the Tacoma waterfront with 3 dive sites within walking distance. With all of the dive site options throughout the Salish Sea, and the variety of routs at each site, my goal is to get to as many of them as possible. I keep my tanks full. Hit me up if anyone is looking for a dive buddy.

Ian

Welcome. Sounds like you are very blessed with opportunity. Hope you see some giant Pacific octopi and wolf eels (IIRC on species in your region) for me. Post us some trip reports and photos!

Richard.

I'm in Oregon, and so won't be joining you, but you are indeed lucky to have diving within walking distance of your home. My dive site is the Clackamas River, about 1/2 hour drive away, but only available when river conditions are good. Right now, they are not, with localized flooding around here.

Bass in the Clackamas by John Ratliff, on Flickr

SeaRat

I'm in Oregon, and so won't be joining you, but you are indeed lucky to have diving within walking distance of your home. My dive site is the Clackamas River, about 1/2 hour drive away, but only available when river conditions are good. Right now, they are not, with localized flooding around here.

SeaRat
Thanks. Sorry that your options are limited. If you make it up to the Sound, I'll be happy to dive with you.

Ian, welcome. I used to live and dive in Tacoma. I miss the creatures, but not the cold.

SeaRat
I live in West Linn and have always wanted to dive the Clackamas River. Whereabouts do you go? As far as point of entry.

Welcome! I bet you have beautiful dive sites in the PNW. NE chick jealous here, lol. If you're a photographer you should definitely post your shots! :)

I live in West Linn and have always wanted to dive the Clackamas River. Whereabouts do you go? As far as point of entry.
I dive mostly at High Rocks on the Clackamas. Here's a video of one of my dives.

I tried a dive at Pormontory Park, but rather than a dive it turned out to be a rescue. We never got underwater. But I'd like to dive it again sometime, maybe next spring or summer.

SeaRat

I dive mostly at High Rocks on the Clackamas. Here's a video of one of my dives.

I tried a dive at Pormontory Park, but rather than a dive it turned out to be a rescue. We never got underwater. But I'd like to dive it again sometime, maybe next spring or summer.

SeaRat
Very cool. I may have to check that out. Visibility wasn't nearly as bad I was expecting to see. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom