2021 Error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

😂

Well at least the original issue no longer occurs.
But for real, I haven't seen this happen at all. No idea what causes it, not how to fix it.

😂

Well at least the original issue no longer occurs.
But for real, I haven't seen this happen at all. No idea what causes it, not how to fix it.
It has to be the Google tag tracker.

I noticed today that Facebook links to outside websites will now sometimes crash using duckduckgo.

As the popularity of privacy grows I think big tech wants to try and break the internet if you don't play by their rules.

I tried to download ddg on my iPhone.

Did not have it installed before.

Went to scubaboard logged in and checked the notifications without seeing this issue.

So here is my reproducer. I spin up a new Windows VM in Amazon Web Services, start a fresh copy of either Firefox or Chrome (happens on both), install UblockOrigin and LastPass, then head to New posts
The login window pops up, I log in, the new posts display, and then after a second the page redirects to a blank page with 2022 on it.

Apologies, it is not a redirect. I opened it up in the Chrome developer tools to inspect the element. Some asynchronous thread is replacing the entire <body> of the page with the text "2022" (no elements or styles, just that text), and an <object>. The object is, hilariously, a link to "Get Microsoft Silverlight", which for those of you who have not been following Microsoft's ill-fated Flash replacement, went end-of-life this past October.

You can also see in this screenshot which scripts uBlock Origin is not loading. I also confirmed that if I log out and log back in, it doesn't happen again. So something is getting set on login that prevents it. Happy to do more digging if the web jockeys would like.

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 17.42.32 .png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom