Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leave them as is, I would be more worried about damage to the spring straps with some of the solutions above.
Take the straps off before placing them in a dishwasher or whatever if that is what you want to do.
I would leave them be.
honestly man, if none of the above worked for you, ide just live with the dirty fins...they are just going to get grungy again anyways.

harsh chemicals can damage/ degrade the rubber, and any residue can leach off into the water.
This ^^.

Edit: You will not mistake yours.:cool:

Hydrogen peroxide with UV light overnight should help restoring the whiteness.

YeaH this is great!
and make sure you sleep next to them with your mouth open and do your teeth as well

Magnificent!

ditch those ugly fins before you start to dive how they look

Mine look like that. They are from the earliest batch and have picked up muck from day one. i have never attempted to clean them, they just get rinsed like any gear.

if this bothers you then you should not look closely at the inside of a well used mask and definitely not culture what you find.

I’d just put your block character initials on them and rock them like the bad ass SeaBee that you are.

They say once you go black,...:D

Can always try magic eraser? Idk, my wife uses that on white shoes, it works pretty amazing.

He's talking about cleaning fins, not treating COVID.

Clearly you do not know what hydrogen peroxide is…. It’s basically a liquid version of your oxy clean.
This process is commonly used in restoration of old plastic, rubber, etc.

I have white RK3s that get a bit dirty, although nothing approaching as bad as those are. I use a Brillo pad on them from time to time and lightly scour the dirt off. The main problem is that monprene is pretty tacky stuff, so the dirt sticks to them pretty easily. I find that a light scouring with a bowl of water and a Brillo works really well. Then I just rinse off the soap and they are sparky white again.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom