Looking for a connecting rod for a BAUER Mariner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check with Welcome to August Industries - August Industries Inc.. From what I’ve been told, Bauer doesn’t sell individual connecting rods but August may have a used one. The owner told me they have some old units saved for parts.

Not sure what’s wrong with your old one, but maybe it could be sleeved?

That part number isn’t in the Bauer price list, so it’s used or complete crank assembly is likely your only option.

I can look up cost for the crankshaft assembly if you have that part number. For sure going to be way over $2000 US which means find another pump: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254999253737

I just sent a note to see if August Industries has a used one. Even if you do find a rod, you probably have to source the rod-crank bearing yourself.

Good news @tda.lasterrenas, I just got a note back from the owner at August Industries. Sounds like they may have the parts you need - I’m curious if it’s a single rod and or an entire assembly. From what I understand, it’s tricky to get the inner race off the crank if you are replacing a single rod. Please share some pics of the process and where you get the bearing from, etc.

Good news @tda.lasterrenas, I just got a note back from the owner at August Industries. Sounds like they may have the parts you need - I’m curious if it’s a single rod and or an entire assembly. From what I understand, it’s tricky to get the inner race off the crank if you are replacing a single rod. Please share some pics of the process and where you get the bearing from, etc.
Thanks. Our swiss mechanic took the compressor apart in no time, as well as and gave us a list of the replacement parts needed to make the it run again. Here is a pic of the rods
rods.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom