Airspeed Publications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Oxy Hackers handbook interests me not necessarily for the O2 cleaning information, but for the adapter information.
And while I've already got Regulator Savvy, I find having more references useful.
What kind of adapter are you looking for?

What there's more, yeah a selfless donation every few days

I'm also looking for a copy of Oxygen Hacker's Companion. Can't find it anywhere and the website seems to be sort of in disrepair. The book was recommended to me by a very knowledgeable friend. I'm just learning to mix my own Nitrox for harvest diving Sea Cucumbers in Alaska and he said it would had some very helpful information for setting up my own mixing system and doing it safely. Does anyone want to sell me their copy? Know where I can buy one? Know where I can find or buy a digital copy??? At the very least does anyone have a suggestion for the next best thing?

Unfortunately it looks like they may be completely out of business at this point. They have not responded to any emails or voicemail left on their phone in several months. I would recommend a gas blending course if you are not already taking one. Dive Gear Express sells the TDI Gas Blending Manual, it should have helpful information.

I liked the book Oxygen Hacker's Companion. Surprised nobody has scan it and made a pdf. I would like some of the other books they sold. Even if it's just to see if I know everything..:wink: Maybe we need to copy our books and we can swap with each other...

I like all the older dive books they assume you have a brain and can figure out stuff and give you information that is clear and simple...

There are some really good old fashioned idea's in there that can be used or improved... like homemade booster/ or air compressor if the cylinder is alot bigger. (Like a hydraulic accumulator and a 2 stage logsplitter pump.... that's my compressor)

Anyone have a spare copy of Vance Harlow's books that they may part with, even temporarily ?

I am looking for Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair and/or the Oxygen Hackers Companion.

I can scan and return the book unharmed if you need it back.
Why don't you specify which regulator you wish to maintain? You can find many brand names for free. Deep 6 signature has a free online maintenance manual. Read it and begin to understand most regulators are the same in principle.

For fitting what do you need to know??
Use jic and hydraulic hose for your compressors and air banks.
Need small bore hose? Use paintball hoses good for 4500psi.
Use paintball ss not brass quick connects usually 1/8npt.
Most brass SAE fittings interchange with JIC only difference is the seat angle.
SAE (# 04 I think )fitting can be modified easily for threading into 3/8 regulator port.
Fittings are not hard. Just learn how to use teflon tape properly and use good tape.

Reactions: OTF
I've got all the airspeed manuals, how do you do the pdf thing

Back
Top Bottom