Airspeed Publications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would just run it through my printer scanner.... I didn't mean sell it.
If I loan out a book not a big deal... if you copy it when you have it... not a big deal.
I'll loan a pdf... if it gets copied oh well....

I haven't been following these discussions, but if the book is out of print, could the publisher turn it into one of those "print on demand" things, where the customer's copy is printed when the customer orders it? I suppose if the publisher simply no longer cares enough to do that, you're SOL.

As for "loaning a pdf," that's not gonna fly if you're concerned about copyright infringement.

A completely hypothetical question by which I am not suggesting anything: If they apparently have no plans to resume publishing it, and they don't bother to respond to inquiries, will they bother to enforce the copyright?

Does anyone have a digitized copy ? Feel free to PM.

I have previously tried to purchase a copy, The site had no problem taking my payment. I was able to get a refund from PayPal after a month of no reply

Does anyone on SB personally know Vance or anyone else involved?

I totally understand if they don't want to be bothered by tons of inquiries and don't respond, especially if something else is going on and they had to put the publishing thing on hold.

I was about to buy a set of the books when it shut down. It would be nice to know if it's dead forever, if copying is OK, and if they would consider print-on-demand or some other setup where they get cash and someone else publishes.

Back
Top Bottom