2021 Bonaire roll call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m surprised nobody else has plans.

I want to go back to Bonaire more than just about anything right now, but isn't the issue that US airlines are still not flying there / are cancelling flights? Plus there is still that restrictive 24hr PCR test requirement that's tricky.

I'm fully vaccinated and would love to plan a trip but there is just still so much uncertainty right now.

I can book a flight directly from the states to Bonaire for travel in June.

I have been cancelled before due to Covid.

So Scubaboard, any thoughts on my trip not being cancelled?

I need a cool trip before my son goes to college.

We have our place and direct flights from Minneapolis to Aruba booked. Local flights we will figure out this summer, probably Divi Divi.

When...............................Who...................................................Airlines.............Where staying
July ~last week ...............Scuba127 .........................................Delta.................?
August ~15-30.................Cpase & wife.....................................?.......................?
September ~mid .............Scuba127 .........................................Delta.................?
Sept 22-Oct 2..................DustyC and Fiancé............................AA.....................Sand Dollar
October 2-9......................Curious George and buddies............Delta.................Buddy Dive Tec week
October 2-16....................AdivingBel & wife..............................?........................Beachcomber Villas
November 20-27............. Hethen57 and wife............................?........................Den Laman
December 18-New Year.. Cricket Minnesota, wife, and son......Sun Country......Sea Dream Bonaire (just South of Belmar)

June 30-July 7th, Just me (TurtleMoye), Delta, Sand Dollar

Fully vaxxed myself and was slightly apprehensive about traveling but $212 round trip from CLT pushed me over the edge.

At any rate, I specifically bought my last airplane with the hopes of flying to Bonaire on a whim. So I really hope things get better soon so I can load up and go.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The back and forth argument about vaccines and the veracity of the covid death toll has been deleted. It isn't easy to draw the line these days as to how far to let these arguments go, especially on travel threads. When the topic and direction of the thread completely shifts to yet another argument about covid numbers and vaccines, the decision becomes easier. There are many discussions about covid on this board. This thread will stay about traveling to Bonaire. Covid's effect on those travel plans is on topic. Arguing about the accuracy of the death toll or the reasons for not getting vaccinated is off topic and argumentative.

Thanks for your understanding.

Ahh, nothing like spring cleaning to make a thread look pretty. Thank you @RayfromTX for your unpaid time.

If our trip schedules mean anything, I would say that travel looks good for October, or maybe September. Here’s the latest update:

When............................Who......................................................Airlines.....................Where staying
June 30-July 7..............TurtleMoye............................................Delta........................Sand Dollar
July ~last week ............Scuba127 ............................................Delta........................?
August ~15-30..............Cpase & wife........................................?...............................?
Sept~mid .....................Scuba127 ............................................Delta.........................?
Sept 22-Oct 2...............DustyC and Fiancé...............................AA............................Sand Dollar
Oct 2-9.........................Curious George and buddies...............Delta..........................Buddy Dive Tec week
Oct 2-16.......................AdivingBel & wife.................................?................................Beachcomber Villas
Oct 9-23.......................Griffin....................................................United cancelled.......Captain Don’s
Nov 20-27.................... Hethen57 and wife...............................?................................Den Laman
Dec18-Jan 1.................Cricket Minnesota, wife, and son.........Sun Country..............Sea Dream Bonaire

We're booked for our annual 2 week trip......can't wait !!

Nov 28 - Dec 12...............DiveFans & husband..............United from EWR.............Port Bonaire

5/8/21-5/15/21
Group of 8 adults from CO
American Airlines from MIA
VRBO rental
Wannadive
American canceled our flight for 2nd time without notification! FYI - VRBO owner advised me there may be restrictions from US till November. We are now diving in Curaçao same week. Any recommendations for dive shops appreciated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom