Mini pressure guages ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigceff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How accurate and reliable are the miniature pressure guages available from a lot of shops - the ones that screw directly into the first stage without a hose ?
Obviously a small dial cannot give a detailed reading, but close enough ? Once fitted, does the guage turn or does the face orientation depend on how the threads match ?
Finally.....any to avoid or any recommendations?

Many thanks in advance.

How accurate and reliable are the miniature pressure guages available from a lot of shops - the ones that screw directly into the first stage without a hose ?
Obviously a small dial cannot give a detailed reading, but close enough ? Once fitted, does the guage turn or does the face orientation depend on how the threads match ?
Finally.....any to avoid or any recommendations?

Many thanks in advance.
What would you use it for?

Used to see a lot on deco bottles but that was long time ago. Apparently they don't last long.
Extra hose vs reliability. I know which one I use even at higher cost.

I use one for my pony bottle so that I don't have to look at my computer to confirm that there is still gas in it.

Only for pony bottle to reduce hoses and also for a nitrox fill testing rig - check the 02 and the state of the fill using an old 1st stage.

I use a regular SPG on a short hose. As I sling it, it is right in front of me and I can see how much gas I have, all the time.

The mini spgs aren't terribly accurate, but for pony bottle use, they are perfect. I use them on all my deco bottle regulators. I like the reduced clutter they provide. If you plan for adequate gas reserves, then the mini spgs do what they need to, verify that you've got the gas you planned for.

Pony bottle here too.

Back
Top Bottom