What upgrades did you make to the sidewinder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the scrims minimize the dust on the inlet side. similar to the scrims used in the JJ

Yes the Kiss o2 MAV is an integrated MAV/orifice. So when you take that off, you just drop the fathom needle valve in. Kiss has numerous "prototype" needle valves that they wont actually sell to anyone not on the special list.

I didn't realize that the orifice was integrated into the mav. I just assumed it was separate. I've heard about the secrecy behind who can get a needle valve. That's why I planned to just use Charlie's. I'm sure I can live without a needle valve, but since it's all I know I'm accustomed to it.

I didn't realize that the orifice was integrated into the mav. I just assumed it was separate. I've heard about the secrecy behind who can get a needle valve. That's why I planned to just use Charlie's. I'm sure I can live without a needle valve, but since it's all I know I'm accustomed to it.
the spindle of the kiss MAV has the orifice in it. Its a good backup to a needle valve but to use the same 1st you would need a much smaller orifice as the default is 0.035"

All the special products for special people is a royal pita

I think a lot of people are excited to put a NERD on the sidewinder but after giving it a while to see how i like it I decided it definitely is not for me. I now have one Fischer petrel 2 and love the simplicity.

One of the major issues with having a NERD and Petrel is the splitters. They are coming out with a splitter circuit board but I decided to sell all that. I need to buy the plug for the head and although everything worked fine with my NERD it was just definitely not for me.

Since this thread got resurrected, in the end I ended up not buying a sidewinder. I took the class and hated pretty much everything about the sidewinder except how well it trims you out. It feels cheaply built and there are just too many compromises inherent to it that don't make me comfortable diving it. It's sad since it's the only sm unit right now that doesn't require you to carry one sm bottle and a stage for redundancy, but it just wasn't for me.

Back
Top Bottom