Current Taxi rates to town from the southern hotel zone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoodyLompoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sorry for my lack of ability to find the current prices searching. I assume the 2012 and 2016 prices aren't very accurate in 2020. ;-)

Can anyone tell me the ballpark rates from the Occidental to downtown and to the airport (in pesos)?

There will be three of us sharing. If I recall correctly, the prices are for up to four passengers?

Thanks

18 days and counting. :)

Per the 4 year old rate (second sticky in this forum) it's $210 MXN (about 10 USD). With tip $250 -300 is appropriate.

Hey, best as I remember we paid $20 each way, but maybe it was $10. Hopefully someone with a better memory than me will reply. Please do share a trip report from the Occidental when you get back.

Hey, best as I remember we paid $20 each way, but maybe it was $10. Hopefully someone with a better memory than me will reply. Please do share a trip report from the Occidental when you get back.
I know I can't trust my memory, as I was just there two years ago and can't remember. About all I recall is how much less expensive it was using pesos.

Sept 2020 Taxi to Airport from Sunscape was $29 US. Occidental is a little further south.

About all I recall is how much less expensive it was using pesos.

amen to that. it took us a couple of trips to mexico to realize how much we were getting screwed. now, unless it is unavoidable, we always pay in pesos.
the worst is paying in u.s. and then getting change back in pesos. they will screw you every time. i have seen physical altercations take place over this.
thankfully most people are honest.

Should be $20 one way up to 4 people. The concierge that hail the cab should know. They used to have it posted as you left the hotel, but it's been awhile.

I hope someone can post a link to the new rate cards (last ones are 2016).

I believe the 2016 rate cards are still in effect. Inflation has occurred so I voluntarily make it up in the tip.
Checked with my LDS and the rate from El Centro to the Marina is still $110 MXN

So it look looks like $350 peso since it is in Zone Sur 10. Please tip big. If paying in US$ expect 12to15 to 1 so about $23 to 25 US$ or whatever is negotiated.
Screenshot_20201103-121504_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20201103-121528_Firefox.jpg

Back
Top Bottom