Current Prices for Helium in US and Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm paying ~$250 for a T cylinder of helium right now. Low volume customer with a yearly cylinder lease, regional welding supply company (Maine-Oxy).

edit: in New Hampshire, USA

helium is never found alone, its a trace component of natural gas deposits. its often not profitable to separate it out and its lost to the atmosphere
There are a couple companies that are purely helium ventures, mostly Canadian. The stuff Ive seen is in north central Montana near the border, not really oil and gas country.

I most recently paid $250 for a T cylinder, granted with an account.

A friend of mine who was getting fully set up with a home filling station tried to get UHP from the primary supplier in his area, a nationwide company, and they said they could not get it for him. They said that if they could get it for him, it would be over $900 a T-Cylinder. I have an account with that company (I use a different location), and so he went in and used my account number. They had it in stock at my price, about a quarter of what they told him he would have to pay if it were available for him.

I have learned that prices vary dramatically for reasons that are completely mysterious to me. Quite a few years ago, when I was first doing this sort of thing, I went into a local shop for that same national company and created an account so I could get oxygen. They told me it would cost me $90 for a T-Cylinder. I said, "Whoa! A friend of mine gets it here for $60." The guy looked at his computer and said, "OK, I can do that." Not many months later they sold it to me for $30.

Costs Finland 18 euros per 500 liters in club. So 0.036 euros per litre. It rising every 6 month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom