O2 cleaning hose for deco bottle.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In five years, how many times have you rebuilt it? Also they claim it is a balanced piston, I’m trying to find a schematic to wrap my head around how this is possible.

In five years, how many times have you rebuilt it? Also they claim it is a balanced piston, I’m trying to find a schematic to wrap my head around how this is possible.

i have not had to rebuild it yet. IP is still stable

if it's this one
DGX First Stage Regulator w/OPV and HP Port | Dive Gear Express®

I have been using that for my O2 bottle for ~5 years, it's fine.
I use that for my suit bottle. 4 years and it's fine.
As others have said, the Lp hose and second stage don't need to be O2 cleaned. The 135 PSI (give or take) they see is not enough to worry about. Which is why shops that charge extra for O2 cleaning a 2nd stage are fleecing people.
When I service regs, I perform the service as if every reg was going to see O2 service. Tribolube, cleaning/rinsing, gloves for final rinse and assembly, etc. The extra cost is about 15 cents worth of lube and 30 cents for the gloves. Yet I know some shops charge an extra 50 bucks to do an "O2 cleaning" on a reg. Totally outrageous.

@Jim Lapenta , DGX describes the regulator as a "flow through piston" but not necessarily as a balanced first stage. If the piston is like a SP MK2/200/3 , Regulator Savvy refers to that as a "flow-by piston." We don't all speak the same language so can you describe the piston in the DGX first stage for us? TIA

BTW I agree with you on the O2 cleaning issue. I do the same except I do not go through any testing procedures to verify they are O2 clean. The exceptions are my personal regulators that are lubricated with silicone grease and a single flow-by piston first stage that is O2 clean and tested.

@Jim Lapenta , DGX describes the regulator as a "flow through piston" but not necessarily as a balanced first stage. If the piston is like a SP MK2/200/3 , Regulator Savvy refers to that as a "flow-by piston." We don't all speak the same language so can you describe the piston in the DGX first stage for us? TIA

BTW I agree with you on the O2 cleaning issue. I do the same except I do not go through any testing procedures to verify they are O2 clean. The exceptions are my personal regulators that are lubricated with silicone grease and a single flow-by piston first stage that is O2 clean and tested.
I can't because I've never opened it up. It still does it's job and the IP steady so no need to service it.

I can't because I've never opened it up. It still does it's job and the IP steady so no need to service it.

Thanks Jim,

It must be pretty dependable. By chance, do you have a manual or diagram?

I think you guys are overthinking it,
If it looks like an OMS Workhorse....what are the odds that inside it's very similar/identical?

The odds are pretty good. But as I don't know what the inside of an OMS workhorse looks like either, I'm none the wiser.

Should be like this Scubapro MK2,
https://www.divestock.com/downloads/dl/file/id/387/scubapro_mk2_plus_repair_guide.pdf

Apparently even Kawasaki made one, so now I have a new goal in life
https://vintagescuba.proboards.com/thread/4486/pulled-vintage-kawasaki-first-stage

What I like about these regulators is they rarely require service, and the seats are available by themselves from north east scuba supply, then all you need are a few orings. I have one of these in my save a dive kit and a few random ones floating around, in practice I just use them on deco regs but I have used them in a pinch for backgas, which is why I keep one handy.

Back
Top Bottom